SHIMANO–Curado 301K Left-Hand Baitcasting Reel
Curado 301K Left-Hand Baitcasting Reel
S A-RB Bearings
|Drag Style||Star Drag|
|Line Speed||25 Inches|
|Maximum Test - Mono||
|Maximum Test - Braided||
|Warranty Details||One Year|
SHIMANO Curado Baitcasting Reel
Tournament-tough quality and superb dependability, Shimano built the Curado 300 for anglers who aren’t just chasing fish but those targeting quality over quantity. Incorporating a deep 300-size spool intended for heavy-pound line and the needed capacity for extra-?long casts, the Curado 300 features a long handle with wide-grip knobs to provide anglers with the extra power that’s necessary when pulling on big fish.
At the backbone of the Curado 300 lies its rigid HAGANE Body that prevents flex when that giant finally decides to commit. Available in two gear-ratio options — a standard 4.7:1 and an HG 6.6:1 — the Curado 300 allows anglers to find the right reel to match their fishing style and needs. Engineered with power in mind.
The standard 4.7:1 model pulls double-duty for anglers fishing slower, methodical presentations, or when fishing with Alabama rigs or magnum crankbaits. The HG’s 6.6:1 gear ratio provides a slightly faster retrieve and is ideal for anglers aggressively working baits or for quickly picking up topwater slack. Built to fish big baits for big fish, Shimano created the Curado 300 to perform and never back down.
- X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear are eliminated. This will enhance the casting performance of the reel with lighter lures, and allow for longer casts
- Cross Carbon Drag - This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever
- S A-RB - These bearings have been through the same process as our A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body rigidity and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength
- S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.