SHIMANO–Torium 50HG Conventional Reel
Torium 50HG Conventional Reel
|Ball Type||S A-RB|
|Drag Style||Star Drag|
|Line Speed||46 Inches per crank|
|Maximum Test - Mono||
|Maximum Test - Braided||
|Warranty Details||One Year|
SHIMANO Torium Conventional Reel
The lightweight Torium is a solidly-built star-drag saltwater reel perfect for live bait or bottom-fishing applications. Torium's lineup of versatile sizes allows anglers to find a model to fit into nearly every saltwater market: the 20HG is ideal for throwing surface irons in California, the 40PG for bottom fishing for grouper and snapper, or the 50HG for targeting Ulua from the rocks in Hawaii.
The Torium incorporates a HAGANE Body with high rigidity, eliminating flex while increasing overall efficiency and cranking power. Torium features Shimano's S-Compact Body: the B-side plate is much smaller and more manageable for anglers to palm the reel so that they can control the fish in critical situations. Packed with features like Cross Carbon Drag, S A-RB and S-Compact Body, the Torium series of reels truly has the fish-fighting features that count when it matters most.
- The HAGANE Body is a metal reel body with high rigidity. The body rigidity and impact resistance virtually eliminates body flexing. The result transforms the angler's actions directly into cranking power. It's efficiency through strength
- S-Compact Body allows for all-day comfort and improved fishability by making the palming side plate up to 25% smaller than A side plate
- Super Free Spool was designed to eliminate friction on the spool shaft during the cast. In standard baitcasting reels, when the clutch bar is pressed down, the pinion gear is freed and actually can drag on the spool shaft creating friction that can limit the length of a cast. With Super Free Spool the pinion gear is supported by a ball bearing so that when the clutch is disengaged in preparation for a cast, the pinion gear and spool shaft are kept in perfect alignment. The result is zero friction upon the spool shaft
- Cross Carbon Drag - This drag material provides a wider range of drag settings, along with the smoothest Shimano drag performance ever
- S A-RB - These bearings have been through the same process as the A-RB bearings, but feature shields on both sides of the bearings that reduce the possibility of salt or sand inhibiting the bearing's rotation
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.