A2004 Rotary Autopilot Control Head
Hydraulic Below Deck
|Connection Interface||NMEA 2000|
|Drive Type||Sold Separately|
|Maximum Boat Displacement||60000 Pounds|
Five Years with Optional Extended Warrantly Plan
The A2004 is a dedicated autopilot controller for professional mariners aboard a variety of commercial vessels.
It features a proven Simrad interface, presented on a wide-angle and zero-fog color display. Engineered for responsiveness and ease of use, the A2004 pairs a precision rotary control dial with dedicated buttons for instant access to steering modes, a custom-configurable Work mode, and automated turn patterns.
- Proven Simrad Interface: The A2004 builds upon the proven user interface and keypad layout of the Simrad AP70 and AP80 professional autopilot controllers, and delivers consistency with the latest generation of Simrad radar, sonar, and ECDIS displays.
- Rotary control and keypad: A large aluminum rotary control dial enables quick but precise steering adjustments, while dedicated keys offer instant access to steering modes, a custom-configurable Work mode, and automated turn patterns.
- Get wet: All built-in controls are designed for ease of use with wet or gloved hands, in commercial settings such as fishing vessels and workboats. The A2004 also supports a wide range of Simrad autopilot remotes and steering levers.
- Optically Bonded 4.1" Color Display: To ensure optimal visibility in all conditions, the A2004's color LCD panel is optically bonded to its protective glass covering – eliminating the possibility of internal condensation.
- Bright transfletive screen: Transflective LCD technology makes use of reflected sunlight to brighten rather than obscure the screen, delivering superior daytime visibility and lower power consumption compared to traditional backlit displays.
- Wide viewing angle: An ultra-wide 170 degree viewing angle means key autopilot information is clearly visible at a glance, from anywhere in sight of the display.
- Thruster Integration and Rudder Feedback Support: The A2004 enables autopilot control of a single thruster via an optional AD80 or SD80 interface module. The thruster can be set to engage automatically below a user-defined speed threshold, and configured separately for normal and Work modes. The A2004 also supports specialized heavy-duty rudder feedback units designed for reliable operation aboard commercial vessels.
- Configurable work mode and low/high speed modes
- Automated turn patterns for fuel-efficient, hands-free manoeuvres
- No Drift steering holds course against wind and tide
- Flush or bracket mounting options
- Certified NMEA 2000 connectivity
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.