AP44 VRF Autopilot Pack High Capacity
|Connection Interface||NMEA 0183|
|Drive Type||Sold Separately|
|Maximum Boat Displacement||
30000+ Pounds Depending on Drive Type
Suitable for Vessels Above 10 Meters/35 Feet in Length
|Warranty Details||Two Years IPX7 Waterproofing|
This complete autopilot pack includes everything you need to upgrade an outboard- or sterndrive-powered boat up to 50' with a Simrad Continuum autopilot system.
Set your heading and access advanced pilot modes with the intuitive AP44 Autopilot Controller, featuring a 4.1" diagonal full color display and rotary control dial.
Designed for hydraulic-steered outboard and sterndrive vessels up to 50 ' in length, this high capacity pack also includes an RPU-160 hydraulic steering pump, NAC-3 autopilot computer, Precision-9 solid-state compass, plus all necessary NMEA 2000® cables and connectors.
The NAC Autopilot Computer is the brains behind your Simrad autopilot system. It contains the electronics needed to operate a hydraulic steering pump or mechanical drive unit, while also interfacing with other components including heading sensors and rudder feedback units.
The NAC-3 was designed for boats 35' or greater in length and is rated to operate high-current pumps, mechanical drive units, and solenoid valves (30 amps continuous, 50 amps peak).
- Reliable autopilot performance based on Simrad Continuum steering technology
- Recommended for boats up to 35' (10 meters) in length
- High-current output of 30 amps continuous, 50 amps
- Clutch output (3 amps maximum)
- No Drift steering holds your course against wind and tide (with optional GPS receiver)
- Virtual rudder feedback eliminates the need to install a separate rudder feedback unit aboard outboard and sterndrive boats
- Supports Simrad RF25 and RF300 rudder feedback units
- Includes the RPU-160 reversible hydraulic pump (for cylinder displacement of 160-550 cm3)
- Includes the high-current NAC-3 autopilot computer
- Includes the Precision-9 solid-state compass for accurate heading data that’s automatically fine-tuned as you travel
- Includes all required NMEA 2000 network connectors and cables
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.