SIMRAD–AP44 VRF Autopilot Pack Medium Capacity
AP44 VRF Autopilot Pack Medium Capacity
|Connection Interface||NMEA 0183|
|Drive Type||Sold Separately|
|Maximum Boat Displacement||
Less than 30000 Pounds Depending on Drive Type
Suitable for Vessels Above 10 Meters/35 Feet in Length
|Type||Corepack (no rudder Feedback)|
|Warranty Details||Two Years IPX5 Waterproofing|
This complete autopilot pack includes everything you need to upgrade your outboard or sterndrive up to 35' with a Simrad Continuum autopilot system.
Set your heading and access advanced pilot modes with the intuitive AP44 Autopilot Controller, featuring a 4.1" diagonal full color display and rotary control dial.
Designed for hydraulic-steered outboard and sterndrive vessels up to 35' in length, this medium-capacity pack also includes an RPU-80 hydraulic steering pump, NAC-2 autopilot computer, Precision-9 solid-state compass, plus all necessary NMEA 2000 cables and connectors.
The NAC Autopilot Computer is the brains behind your Simrad autopilot system. It contains the electronics needed to operate a hydraulic steering pump or mechanical drive unit, while also interfacing with other components including heading sensors and rudder feedback units.
The NAC-2 was designed for boats up to 35' in length and is suitable for low-current pumps, mechanical drive units, or solenoid valves (eight amps continuous/16 amps peak).
- Reliable autopilot performance based on Simrad Continuum steering technology
- Output of 8 amps continuous, 16 amps peak
- Clutch output (3 amps maximum)
- Compatible with low-current drive pumps, mechanical drives, hydraulic linear drives, and solenoid valves
- Virtual rudder feedback for simplified installation aboard outboard and sterndrive (inboard/outboard) boats
- Supports Simrad RF25 only, not RF300
- Plug-and-play connectors for easy installation
- NMEA 2000 connectivity to heading sensors, rudder feedbacks, dedicated autopilot controllers, and multifunction displays no NMEA 0183
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
SIMRADIS42 Digital Display