SIMRAD–HS60 GPS Compass
The Simrad HS60 GPS compass provides accurate heading and position data for your Simrad chartplotter, autopilot, radar and AIS system.
For applications such as autopilot, where precise heading information is required, the HS60 provides an all-in-one alternative to the traditional solution of a separate fluxgate compass and GPS receiver.
- GPS and more: The HS60 combines a high-speed 10 Hz, SBAS-compatible GPS receiver with integrated gyro and tilt sensors to provide smooth and accurate heading, position, heave, roll, and pitch information.
- Enhanced positioning with SBAS: With support for Satellite Based Augmentation Systems (SBAS) including WAAS (USA), EGNOS (Europe), MSAS (Japan) and GAGAN (India), the HS60 is able to use satellite-broadcast error correction data to deliver positional accuracy of up to one meter (3.28'), 95% of the time. Simrad COAST™ technology means the HS60 can even continue to deliver enhanced accuracy for up to 40 minutes if SBAS signal is lost, using the last error correction data received.
- Accurate heading with dual GPS antennas: HS60 includes two separate GPS antennas within its compact casing, used to calculate heading with an accuracy of 2° RMS; greater accuracy than a magnetic fluxgate compass, without the cost and ongoing maintenance of a gyrocompass. With its dual GPS antennas, the HS60 provides an accurate heading even when your vessel is stationary, with a typical heading fix in less than ten seconds.
- Integrated gyro and tilt sensors: Onboard gyro and tilt sensors deliver heave, roll, and pitch information; offer faster and smoother heading updates than GPS alone; and provide heading updates during any temporary loss of GPS signal.
- Accurate during GPS outages: Using these sensors, the HS60 is able to provide an accurate heading for up to three minutes during GPS outages, with an accuracy loss of no more than two degrees per minute and quick reacquisition of position once the signal has been reacquired.
- Simple installation with NMEA 2000 connectivity: The compact and lightweight HS60 is supplied as a standalone system including mounting accessories. With GPS receiver, gyro and tilt sensors, and all other electronics integrated into the IP69 water-resistant antenna enclosure, there is no ‘black box’ required below deck.
What's in the Box
- HS60 GPS Compass (NMEA 2000)
- 2 Screw housing caps
- 2 Mounting screws
- Mounting base
- Mounting nut
- 2 Screw housing cap O-rings
- HS60 GPS Compass User Guide
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.