SIMRAD–NSS16 evo3 S Multifunction DIsplay with US C-MAP Charts
NSS16 evo3 S Multifunction DIsplay with US C-MAP Charts
|Cartography||CMAP enahnaced USA Inland/Lake and Coastal Cartography|
NMEA data connection and Wireless Connectivity
|Display Type||SolarMax IPS (1200 Nits)|
|GPS||10Hz Internal GPS Antenna|
1000+ Feet (mid/high CHIRP)
300 Feet (Downscan)
300 Feet (Sidescan)
|Mount Type||Flush or Tilt|
|Specific Transducer||Transducer not Included|
|Waterproof||Waterproof IPX6 and 7|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
NSS16 evo3S features a Full HD 16-inch display for maximum on-screen detail and unprecedented levels of built-in functionality with charts, radar, sonar, and more.
The new iMX 8 high-performance processor, ensures superfast responses to your every command for complete navigation control. Experience ultra-wide viewing angles, and reliable touch or keypad operation to suit all conditions. Includes preloaded C-MAP® charts.iMX 8 Integrated six-core processor for superior performance
Key Features for Sport fishing and Offshore Cruising
- High Resolution, High Bright, SolarMax IPS Displays
- Easy to use touchscreen UI as well as full keypad for simple and precise control in any sea conditions
- Built-in advanced echosounder capable of 1kW Dual channel CHIRP, Forwardscan, Sidescan, Downscan and StructureScan 3D images
- Take another step forward with Simrad’s premium network modules for the ultimate offshore performance
- Halo Dome and Open Array Radars: S5100 Sportfishing Echosounder, Direct audio, autopilot and engine connection and control
- Low profile glass dash styling
- Built in Wi-Fi connectivity
- Software update notifications and downloads when connected to the internet
- Screen mirroring when connected to a mobile device
- Built in high sensitivity 10 Hz GPS antenna
- Dual Micro SD card slots
Next Generation Processor
The key difference between NSS evo3 and evo3S is a new, state of the art processor. The evo3S features the brand new iMX8 processor that allows for twice the performance of the previous generation processor.
The key benefits a user will see from the new processor are:
- Faster page changes: Page loading times have been halved
- Smoother transitions: Movements on the screen like chart rotation and panning is much smoother, really capturing the premium experience of the Simrad brand.
- Multi-tasking: With such an increase in power NSS evo3S can multi-task like no product before it.
SolarMAX IPS Display Technology
- Ultra-wide viewing angles for excellent viewability from any angle on the boat (>80 degrees up/down/left/right)
- High resolutions for best on-screen detail
- High brightness LED backlight and antireflective coating for ultimate bright sunlight viewing
- Very high maximum display operating temperatures for reliable operation in the most harsh boating locations
- Multi-touch screen for simple, intuitive software control
- Optical bonding for zero chance of display fogging
- Oleophobic coating for easy removal of fingerprints
- Multi-touch screen and keypad hybrid control
With NSS evo3S you have full control of your vessel at your fingertips. The super responsive touchscreen makes route planning and adjusting settings a breeze. Full keypad control with both rotary dial and arrow keys means that when conditions get rough you have something physical to hold on to and have no doubt about who’s in control
Built-in Advanced Echosounder
NSS evo3S includes a built-in advanced echosounder with the ability to connect two transducers to one display, allowing for Dual Channel CHIRP. Built-in functionality includes:
- up to 1kW Broadband: 50/83/200kHz
- up to 1kW CHIRP: Low/Medium/High
- Active Imaging 3-in-1
For even more sonar performance you can connect one of the following external Sonar modules:
- StructureScan 3D: Sidescan, Downscan and 3D sonar.
- S5100: Three sonar channels with up to 3kW power output each
Preloaded C-MAP® US Enhanced charts provide detailed mapping with 1-foot contours, easy routing and C-MAP® Reveal data in Florida
NSS evo3S delivers the ultimate view with an ultra-bright display, available in a 16 inch wide screen. Wide viewing angles keep the screen in view from anywhere in sight, even when wearing polarised sunglasses. See more than ever with Full HD resolution.
FULLY CONNECTED/AUTOPILOT INTEGRATION
Built-in wireless connectivity links NSS evo3S to your existing mobile devices for remote viewing and control, and delivers easy online software upgrades via any wireless internet hotspot. Wired Ethernet and NMEA 2000® networking provides almost limitless integration options, from vessel-wide display systems to radar, sonar, engine integration, and much more. Simrad NSS EVO3S Evo3S can function as an autopilot controller when connected to a Simrad autopilot system via NMEA2000.
NSS Evo3S is compatible with NAC-2 & NAC-3 Autopilot computers, DrivePilot™ and OutboardPilot™
Every NSS EVO3S evo3S display features an integrated six-core processor for ultimately smooth response, from charting to side scan and StructureScan® 3D imaging. Enjoy swift access to the information you need, as you need it, whether you’re cruising the open ocean or carefully navigating a crowded harbour.
GLASS HELM STYLE
NSS evo3S glass helm style offers the perfect combination of form and function. Create your own custom helm layouts to suit any activity, and switch seamlessly between those layouts in an instant. Low-profile glass helm styling complements any helm design, from ultra-modern to timeless classic.
Simrad NSS evo3S MFD supports NMEA 2000 engine integration, it can display engine information directly on the instruments page.
In the Box:
- NSS16 Evo3 S Multifunction Display with US C-MAP Charts
- NSS16 evo3/3S Sun Cover
- NSS16 evo3/3S & Zeus³/3S 16 Dash Mount Kit
- NSS16 evo3/3S & Zeus³/3S 16 Edge Bezels
- Power Cable, 4-Pin
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.