SIMRAD–NSS9 evo3 Multifunction Display with Insight Charts and 4G Radar Package
This item is no longer available.
NSS9 evo3 Multifunction Display with Insight Charts and 4G Radar Package
|Antenna||Internal GPS Antenna|
|Compatibility||Networks up to 6 Displays|
|Data Source||MicroSD Card Slot|
MFD Unit: 11.3" Width x 6.55" Height x 3.5" Depth
Radar: 19" Diameter x 11.7" Height
|Display Size||9" Diagonal|
|Display Type||High Visibility SolarMAX HD IPS Optically Bonded TFT|
|Resolution||1280 x 800|
|Warranty Details||Two Years with Optional Five Year Plan with Certified Installation|
NSS9 evo3 Multi-function Display bundled with the Broadband 4G radome.
Navigate, take control, and enjoy an unprecedented level of built-in functionality with NSS evo3. SolarMAX™ HD display technology delivers exceptional clarity and ultra-wide viewing angles (80° top/bottom, 80° left/right), combined with an all-weather touchscreen and expanded keypad for total control in all conditions. NSS evo3 includes built-in GoFree® Wi-Fi, true dual-channel CHIRP sonar, and much more.
- Widescreen SolarMAX™ HD Display: SolarMAX™ HD display technology revolutionizes the way you see your onboard electronics, with high-definition visuals and clear visibility no matter what the conditions. See clearly from any position, sitting or standing, with extra-wide viewing angles. Bright LED backlighting and an anti-reflective coating offer enhanced daytime visibility; SolarMAX™ HD displays are engineered to reliably endure the heat of the summer sun, perfect for outside installations. These all-weather screens are optically bonded to prevent condensation, and will never fog. Any time, any conditions, SolarMAX™ HD gives you the ultimate view.
- Radar System Control: Expand your view with Halo™ Pulse Compression radar, Broadband Radar™ or HD Digital Radar. NSS evo3 displays integrate with these network-connected Simrad radars to provide a full-featured radar interface complete with easy preset modes, custom manual tuning, MARPA target tracking, guard zones, overlay views, and many other features depending on your choice of radar system.
- Simrad Autopilot Integration: Take complete control of your Simrad autopilot with the NSS evo3 touchscreen or keypad. Set a heading, maintain your current course against wind and tide, steer to a waypoint, or follow a complex route with simple on-screen controls. NSS evo3 displays can serve as the sole controller for a “black box” autopilot system, or can be combined with dedicated autopilot controllers and wireless remotes. A networked Simrad autopilot system can be controlled from any NSS evo3 display on board, perfect for dual-helm vessels.
- Built-in 10 Hz GPS Receiver: All NSS evo3 displays include an integrated high-gain, high-speed GPS/GLONASS receiver that updates your position ten times per second, ideal for accurately tracking the motion of fast-moving powerboats. In outside bracket-mount installations, and in flush-mount installations in many fiberglass boats, this removes the need to purchase and install a separate GPS receiver. An optional external GPS receiver may be used as an auxiliary position source or in certain installations that prevent a clear GPS signal from reaching the integrated receiver.
- Integrated Sounder: A built-in sounder module equips every NSS evo3 display with a wealth of sonar technologies to suit many sportfishing and cruising applications. StructureScan® HD imaging combines DownScan and SideScan sonar to provide a picture-like views of fish holding structure, while ForwardScan® sonar offers a safer cruising experience with a clear view of the bottom ahead. Broadband Sounder™ technology provides CHIRP-enabled fish-finding sonar, including support for the all-in-one TotalScan™ transducer or dual-channel CHIRP transducers. Dual transducer ports allow simultaneous use of either StructureScan® HD or ForwardScan® and CHIRP or traditional sonar.
- TripIntel™ Technology: Designed for powerboaters, TripIntel™ technology tracks and displays the key information you need to plan safe and enjoyable days on the water. Make smart decisions with fuel range overlaid on charts, easy access to current and future tide levels, and a detailed history of your previous trips. While underway, the Cruise Performance Indicator makes it easy to tune trim and throttle to achieve maximum fuel economy and stay in the “green zone”, maximizing range and keeping fuel costs down.
- Refined User Interface: Switch seamlessly between intuitive touchscreen control with multi-touch gestures, and a full built-in keypad with rotary control dial. Every display function can be controlled by either the touchscreen or the keypad, giving you the flexibility to use whatever controls best suit current conditions and the task at hand. NSS evo3’s full keypad controls also mean you can choose to lock the touchscreen and rely on a classic button and rotary dial interface, without requiring a separate keypad.
Broadband 4G™ Radar
Broadband 4G™ Radar offers a true 200' working range, plus some spectacular extra features. You can see crystal clear targets up to 36nm away and inside strong storm cells more than 17nm away.
Broadband 4G Radar is the only dome radar to incorporate Beam Sharpening, which gives an effective azimuth resolution of a 3.5' open array with Target Separation Control for unrivaled clarity in every situation, giving you the confidence to navigate in any state of visibility. It’s capable of displaying any dual range radar combination, as well as 48RPM and up to 20 MARPA targets, which allows unprecedented simultaneous working ranges, anywhere from 200' up to 36nm in 18 range scales. No other radar in the world can do this.
- No Main Bang: Revolutionary FMCW technology.
- Lowest Emissions: Broadband Radar is so low in emissions, it beats your mobile phone!
- InstantOn: InstantOn provides an almost instant radar image. No waiting for your radar to warm up before use!
- Maximum Clarity: Broadband Radar’s target separation is unbeatable in a compact radome.
- Beam Sharpening: Broadband 4G Radar is the only dome radar in the world to employ Beam Sharpening, which allows you to control the level of target separation, so you can see the sharpest images possible when you need them most.
- More Range: 18 range scales up to 36 nautical miles. Now you can see crystal clear targets up to 32 nautical miles away and inside strong storm cells more than 17 nautical miles away.
- Dual Range: Capable of displaying Dual Range radar combination when combined with a Zeus system. Monitor targets from 200 feet to 32 nautical miles from a single dome.
- Unrivaled Short Range: Outstanding performance where it matters most, within 200ft.
- High-Speed Mode: Select 48 RPM for almost instant updating at under 1 nautical mile.
- Low Power Consumption: Ideal for sailing boats of any size.
- Quick Installation: No reason to open the dome, no tune or zero-mile adjustment, and no radar-licensed technician required.
- MARPA Target Tracking: Track up to 10 targets as standard or 20 in Dual Range mode.
NSS9 evo3 Specifications
- Display Type: High-visibility SolarMax HD® IPS optically bonded TFT
- Screen Size: 9" diagonal
- Screen Resolution: 720 x 1280
- Included Cartography: World basemap (no detailed charts)
- Optional Cartography: Navionics (Gold, NAV+ Platinum+), C-MAP (MAX N, MAX N+) NV Digital (Raster US Charts)
- Data Interface: NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183
- Receiver Type: Internal 10Hz, 34-channel WASS, MSAS, EGNOS, GLONASS
- Sonar: Sonar port 1: Single channel CHIRP, 50/200khz, HDI. Sonar port 2: Single channel CHIRP, 50/200khz, TotalScan, LSS HD, ForwardScan. Compatible with SonarHub, BSM-3, BSM-2 sonar modules
- Transmit Power: 1kW (RMS)
- Transducers: Sold separately
- Dimensions: 11 5/16"W x 6 9/16"H x 3 1/2"D
- Voltage: 10-31.2V DC
- External Storage: 2 MicroSD slots, max. 32GB each. Larger if formatted to NTFS
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- Waypoints and Routes: 6000 waypoints, 500 Routes with 100 max route points, 50 tracks with up to 12,000 track points.
- Waterproof Rating: IPX6 and IPX7
- Warranty: Two years
What’s in the Box
- Display unit
- Sun cover
- Bezel trim
- Power cable
- Self tapping pozi screws, 4Gx1/2” (x4 for 7", x8 for 9"/12", & x12 for 16" units)
- Dust caps, different sizes for NMEA 2000 (x1), Ethernet (x1 for 7"/9", x2 for 12"/16") and Sonar (x2) connectors
- Dust cap for HDMI connector (12" and 16" only)
- Dust cap for Video/NMEA 0183 connector
- Dust cap for USB (16" only)
- Document pack
- Foam gasket (self adhesive)
- Bracket knobs
- Self tapping pozi screws for bracket, 14G x 1”
Broadband 4G Specifications
- Transmit Power: 165mW
- Maximum Range: 200' to 36nm with 18 range settings
- Effective Horizontal Beamwidth: 2.6°
- Rotation Speed: 24/36/48rpm
- Height: 11"
- Radome Diameter: 19 3/16"
- Weight: 16.31lb.
- Voltage: 9V to 31.2V DC (12/24V systems)
- Amperage: 1.45A (20W @ 13.8V DC); 170mA standby (2.5W)
- Data Interface: NMEA 0183, NMEA 2000/SimNet, High-speed Ethernet
- Waterproof Rating: IPX6
- Warranty: Two years
What’s in the Box
- Broadband Radar
- Radar interconnection cable
- RI10 or RI11 Radar interface box (not included in the Lowrance 3G USA model)
- Ethernet cable: shipped with 1.8 m (6 ft)
- SimNet or NMEA 2000 data network
- Option heading sensor required for MARPA and chart overlay
- Radar mount of your choice
This product operates best with these select transducers, sold separately. Depending on the style of the transducer, you'll get depth, speed and/or temperature readings. To complete your installation, order one of the following transducers:
|Transducer Type: StructureScan / Sonar Hub Module / TotalScan / 3D||Reading(s)||Transmit Power||Max. Depth||Material||Model|
|Totalscan all-in-one Transducer||Depth/Temp||500W||600'||Plastic||17361106|
|Transducer Only for LSS-2 StructureScan HD(Primary)||Depth/Temp||N/A||300' to 1,000'||Plastic||13617386|
|StructureScan® HD Stainless Steel Thru-hull Transducer (Primary)||Depth/Temp||500W||1,000'||Plastic/Stainless Steel||16222622|
|StructureScan™ HD Thru-Hull Transducer with Y-cable (pair)||Depth/Temp||500W||1,000'||Plastic/Stainless Steel||16222630|
|LSS-2 StructureScan HD Stainless-steel/Plastic Thru-hull Transducer (single)||Depth/Temp||500W||300'||Plastic||14274237|
|SonarHub™ Sounder Module without Transducer||Depth/Temp||500W||300'||Plastic||15355076|
|ForwardScan™ Sonar||Depth/Temp||N/A||N/A||Plastic/Stainless Steel||16247124|
|Totalscan all-in-one Transducer||Depth/Temp||N/A||300' to 1,000'||Plastic||17361106|
|Transducer Type: XSONIC Connector CHIRP||Reading(s)||Power||Depth||Material||Model|
|xSonic TM275LH-W Transom Mount Low/High CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||1 kHz||4,000' Low CHIRP||Urethane||18259036|
|xSonic B275LH-W Bronze Thru-Hull Low/High CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||1 kHz||4,000' Low CHIRP||Bronze||18259044|
|xSonic CM275LH-W Tank-Mounted Low/High CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||1 kHz||4,000' Low CHIRP||Urethane||18259051|
|xSonic R509LH-W Thru-Hull Low/High CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||2-3 kHz||8,000' Low CHIRP||Urethane||18259069|
|xSonic SS175L Stainless Steel 0° Tilted Element Thru-Hull Low CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||1 kHz||4,000' Low CHIRP||Stainless Steel||18259077|
|xSonic SS175L Stainless Steel 12° Titled Element Thru-Hull Low CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||1 kHz||4,000' Low CHIRP||Stainless Steel||18259085|
|xSonic SS175L Stainless Steel 20° Titled Element Thru-Hull Low CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||1 kHz||4,000' Low CHIRP||Stainless Steel||18259093|
|xSonic SS175M Stainless Steel 0° Tilted Element Thru-Hull Medium CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||1 kHz||1,500' Medium CHIRP||Stainless Steel||18259101|
|xSonic SS175M Stainless Steel 12° Tilted Element Thru-Hull Medium CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||1 kHz||1,500' Medium CHIRP||Stainless Steel||18259119|
|xSonic SS175M Stainless Steel 20° Tilted Element Thru-Hull Medium CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||1 kHz||1,500' Medium CHIRP||Stainless Steel||18259127|
|xSonic SS175H-W Stainless Steel 0° Tilted Element Thru-Hull High CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||1 kHz||1,000'||Stainless Steel||18259135|
|xSonic SS175H-W Stainless Steel 12° Tilted Element Thru-Hull High CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||1 kHz||1,000' High CHIRP||Stainless Steel||18259143|
|xSonic SS175H-W Stainless Steel 20° Tilted Element Thru-Hull High CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||1 kHz||1,000' High CHIRP||Stainless Steel||18259150|
|xSonic SS260 Stainless Steel Thru-Hull 50/200kHz Transducer||Depth/Temp||1 kHz||3,000' @ 50 kHz||Stainless Steel||18259168|
|xSonic SS60 Stainless Steel 0° Tilted Element Thru Hull 50/200kHz Transducer||Depth/Temp||600 W||3,000' @ 50 kHz||Stainless Steel||18259176|
|xSonic SS60 Stainless Steel 12° Tilted Element Thru Hull 50/200kHz Transducer||Depth/Temp||600 W||3,000' @ 50 kHz||Stainless Steel||18259184|
|xSonic SS60 Stainless Steel 20° Tilted Element Thru Hull 50/200kHz Transducer||Depth/Temp||600 W||3,000' @ 50 kHz||Stainless Steel||18259192|
|xSonic TM260 Transom Mount 50/200kHz Transducer||Depth/Temp||1 kHz||3,000' @ 50 kHz||Urethane||18259218|
|xSonic Bronze HDI 0° Tilted Element Thru-Hull Transducer||Depth/Temp||600 W||3,000' @ 50 kHz 300' @ 455 kHz||Bronze||18259226|
|xSonic Bronze HDI 12° Tilted Element Thru-Hull Transducer||Depth/Temp||600 W||3,000' @ 50 kHz 300' @ 455 kHz||Bronze||18259234|
|xSonic Bronze HDI 20° Tilted Element Thru-Hull Transducer||Depth/Temp||600 W||3,000' @ 50 kHz 300' @ 455 kHz||Bronze||18259242|
|xSonic SS75M Stainless Steel 0° Tilted Element Thru-Hull Medium CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||600 W||1,000'||Stainless Steel||18259259|
|xSonic SS75M Stainless Steel 12° Tilted Element Thru-Hull Medium CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||600 W||1,500' Medium CHIRP||Stainless Steel||18259267|
|xSonic SS75M Stainless Steel 20° Tilted Element Thru-Hull Medium CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||600 W||1,500' Medium CHIRP||Stainless Steel||18259275|
|xSonic SS75H Stainless Steel 0° Tilted Element Thru-Hull High CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||600 W||1,000' High CHIRP||Stainless Steel||18259283|
|xSonic SS75H Stainless Steel 12° Tilted Element Thru-Hull High CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||600 W||1,000' High CHIRP||Stainless Steel||18259291|
|xSonic SS75H Stainless Steel 20° Tilted Element Thru-Hull High CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||N/A||1,000' High CHIRP||Plastic||18259309|
|xSonic M260 Plastic In-Hull 50/200kHz Transducer||Depth/Temp||1 kHz||3,000' @ 50 kHz||Plastic||18259317|
|xSonic P319 Plastic Thru-Hull 50/200kHz Transducer||Depth/Temp||600 W||3,000' @ 50 kHz||Plastic||18259325|
|xSonic SS164 Stainless Steel 0° Tilted Element Thru-Hull 50/200kHz Transducer||Depth/Temp||1 kHz||3,000' @ 50 kHz||Stainless Steel||18259333|
|xSonic SS164 Stainless Steel 12° Tilted Element Thru-Hull 50/200kHz Transducer||Depth/Temp||1 kHz||3,000' @ 50 kHz||Stainless Steel||18259341|
|xSonic SS164 Stainless Steel 20° Tilted Element Thru-Hull 50/200kHz Transducer||Depth/Temp||1 kHz||3,000' @ 50 kHz||Stainless Steel||18259358|
|xSonic P66 Plastic 50/200kHz Transducer||Depth/Temp||600 W||3,000' @ 50 kHz||Plastic||18259366|
|xSonic B150M Bronze 0° Tilted Element Thru-Hull Medium CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||300 W||1,000 Medium CHIRP||Bronze||18259374|
|xSonic B150M Bronze 12° Tilted Element Thru-Hull Medium CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||300 W||1,000 Medium CHIRP||Bronze||18259382|
|xSonic B150M Bronze 20° Tilted Element Thru-Hull Medium CHIRP Transducer||Depth/Temp||300 W||1,000 Medium CHIRP||Bronze||18259390|
|Transducer Type: Accessories||Model|
|XSONIC Transducer Adaptor Cable||18052340|
|10EX-BLK Extension Cable||11498649|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.