OP12 Autopilot Controller
The OP12 wired remote seamlessly integrates with Simrad autopilot systems to provide intuitive mode control, course adjustments, and power steering.
Designed to complement the low-profile design of Simrad glass bridge instruments and displays, this remote can be combined with the IS42 Color Instrument Display to create a standalone autopilot controller, or used as a dedicated autopilot keypad for NSS and NSO evo2 multi-function displays.
- Intuitive operation: A simple pushbutton interface makes the OP12 easy to use in rough conditions, and reliably responsive to wet or gloved hands.
- Single keystroke: Dedicated auto and standby buttons enable or disable the autopilot with a single press, so it's easy to free your hands from the wheel or instantly take control whenever you need to.
- NoDrift Steering: The "mode" button engages NoDrift steering or navigates to the current waypoint on your Simrad chartplotter, while dual port and starboard buttons allow course adjustments in one-degree or ten-degree increments. Smartly shaped buttons let you distinguish between increments at a touch, for safe operation in low visibility
- Easy installation: The OP12 is simple to mount, and offers single-cable NMEA 2000 connectivity for both power and data. Multiple keypads can be installed to offer autopilot control from anywhere onboard, perfect for dual-helm vessels.
- Autopilot control with IS42 display: Pair the Simrad OP12 keypad with an IS42 Color Instrument Display to create a fully functional control head for your compatible Simrad autopilot system.
- Continuum Technology: Uses Simrad Continuum autopilot technology to steer to a set course, maintain your heading against wind and tide with No Drift steering, and fish or cruise easier with automated turn patterns and depth contour tracking
- Compatible with Simrad AC12, AC42, NAC-2 and NAC-3 autopilot computers
- Low-profile glass helm design: Designed to complement Simrad glass helm displays and instruments, the OP12 features modern styling with a low surface-mount profile of just 5/16" (8mm). A compact footprint enables mounting almost anywhere, while still offering large buttons for easy operation by gloved hands or in heavy seas.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.