P79 In-hull Dual Frequency Transducer
|Connection Interface||Bare Wire|
|Deadrise Angle||0 to 22 Degree|
|Maximum Depth||600 Feet|
|Transmit Power||600 Watts|
The P79 is a plastic, in-hull dual-frequency, depth sensor.
Recommended for planing-hull powerboats, trailered boats, rigid inflatable boats and racing sailboats. Easily adjusts to hull deadrise angles up to 22°. Base is bonded to the hull and filled with liquid. Transducer attaches to the base with a twist lock.
- Mount the base flange inside the hull
- Adjust the locking ring for the correct hull deadrise angle
- Fill the base with non-toxic antifreeze (propylene glycol)
- Turn and lock the transducer into the base.
- Mounted inside the hull, installation is easy and requires no holes to be drilled in the hull
- Works at 50kHz and 200kHz for good target detail in shallow water and excellent bottom tracking in deep water
- Provides extremely accurate data
- Deadrise adjustment accomodates deadrise angles from 2° to 22°.
- Reduce the risk with this simple "no holes" solution with zero hull protrusions
- Plug and play connection to NSS, NSE or NSO
- Recommended for solid fiberglass hulls
- Epoxies to aluminum hulls under 3.8mm (0.125") thick
- No hull protrusions
- Style: In-hull
- Cable Length: 39'
- Monitors: Depth
- Material: Plastic
- Connector: Blue 7-pin
- Frequency: 50/200kHz
- Beamwidth: 45°/12°
- Maximum Depth: 1,000'
- Transmit Power: 600W (RMS)
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.