RS20 Fixed-Mount VHF Radio
The RS20 Fixed Mount VHF Radio boasts a high-contrast dot matrix display, Class D DSC and NMEA 2000 networking.
Communicate clearly with this dependable Class D DSC-compliant marine VHF radio featuring a four-button fist microphone, intuitive rotary and keypad controls and a new front-mountable mechanical design for easy installation.
The versatile RS20 is ideal for a variety of boats from small RIBs to larger cruisers, and is designed to match the low-profile style of modern Simrad Glass Bridge displays and accessories.
- High Visibility Display: See clearly in bright daylight with a high contrast black-on-white display. Night-time visibility has also been optimized, with an inverted white-on-black night mode to reduce light emission and preserve your night vision.
- Intuitive Controls: A rotary channel dial facilitates quick channel selection, while large and amply spaced buttons provide quick access to all key functions. Dedicated Channel 16 keys enable instant access to the emergency channel, and are included on both the radio’s front panel and its four-button fist mic.
- Class D DSC: An integrated Distress button allows automated DSC distress calling. DSC capabilities also enable direct calling to other DSC-equipped vessels from a Simrad multi-function display, including direct calls to AIS targets (a compatible display and AIS receiver are required).
- Tri-Channel Watch Function: Scan between the current channel and emergency channels 16 and 9.
- All International Channels: The RS20 is designed for global use and supports all international channels including USA and Canada.
- My Channel Mode: Select your favorite channels for quick and easy access. A long press on the channel dial enters My Channel Mode, where you can cycle through just your selected favorites using the rotary channel dial.
- Multiple Scan Modes: Scan through all available channels or just your selected favorites. In either scan mode, emergency channels can optionally be given priority to reduce the chance of missing distress calls or other urgent safety messages.
- Easy Bracket or Flush-Mount Installation: An included gimbal bracket enables table-top, overhead, or bulkhead installation. Flush-mount installation is also supported, with an easy mount-from-front solution, to match the low-profile style of Simrad Glass Helm displays and accessories.
- NMEA 2000 connectivity allows interfacing with integrated onboard systems.
What's in the Box
- VHF radio with hand mic
- Bracket for gimbal mounting
- Gasket for recessed mounting
- user’s manual
- warranty card
- mounting template
- Knobs for bracket
- 8 A (3 AG) spare fuse
- Mounting screw hole covers
- Bulkhead mount for hand mic
- 6 pcs 3.5 x 20 mm, stainless steel, panhead pozi
- 4 pcs 4 x 25 mm, stainless steel, panhead pozi
RS20 Fixed-Mount VHF Radio
|AIS Display||No Built-In AIS|
330 mA (Standby)
4.4A mps (Transmit)
520 mA (Receive)
|Display Type||FSTN Matrix LCD|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.