SMARTPLUG–Combo Inlet & Connector, 50A 125/250V, Stainless Steel
Combo Inlet & Connector, 50A 125/250V, Stainless Steel
|Warranty Details||Seven Years Limited|
Upgrade the boat end of your existing standard shore power cable, and plug into a new SmartPlug inlet.
It's time for a change. The SmartPlug 50 Amp Inlet and Connector includes the 50 Amp Boat Inlet and the 50 Amp Boatside Connector, everything you need to protect your boat from shore power overheating. Installation of both components is easy.
Simply replace the connector on the boat side end of your existing shore power cordset, as well as the shore power inlet on your boat with the superior SmartPlug equivalent using the included instructions.
What's in the Kit
- SmartPlug 50A Boatside Connector
- Stainless Steel 50A Boat Inlet
- Rear Mounting Gasket
- Cable Strain Relief
- Hex Key
Why the SmartPlug
The Problem with "Old School" NEMA Connectors
- Curved pins: Electrical pins' curved shape causes minimum metal-to-metal contact, causing resistance and overheating
- Connector body shape: The gap between the body and the inlet allows the connector to move, putting tension on the pins and clips
- Ease of use: Difficult to find the "L"-shaped pin to twist and engage the plug, especially at night
- Locking: No locking feature or plastic locking ring that is prone to stripping or cracking
The SmartPlug Solution
- 50-Amp overheat protection: Oversize power pins and clips ensure efficient transfer of power even with high amperage loads
- Electrical pins: Straight pins, not curved, with 20-times more electrical surface area; No twisting required
- Better metal: All external metals are 316 stainless steel; electrical pins are nickel-plated brass for maximum connectivity
- Connector body shape: Sleeve design fits snugly within the inlet, removing all pressure and tension from pins and clips
- Weatherproof seal: TPE Dyna-flex cord seal ensures weatherproof seal to power cord
- Locking: Inlet cover snaps onto the sides of the inlet and the top of the connector
- Ease of use: Unique plug body shape only goes in one way, the right way; Plug pushes straight in and locks automatically with spring-loaded side clips
- Industry-standard hole pattern: Mounts using the same hole pattern as industry-standard layout used by Hubbel, Marinco etc.
- Indicator Light: Cool blue LED Power indicator light on the top of the connector glows when power is on
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.