With its sweeping profile and sport-influenced wrap style fit, the Challis is an ideal companion on the road less traveled.
Featuring Smith Optics’ proprietary ChromaPop™ polarized lenses with enhanced natural color, the scaled down version of the Lowdown sunglasses will have you seeing the world with perfectly lightweight clarity. Together with its innovative and environmentally friendly Evolve frame technology, these sunglasses keep your eyes protected while you explore on land or while out at sea.
ChromaPop™ Polarized Lens Technology
- Enhances clarity for a sharper more vivid visual field
- Filters blue/green and red/green light wavelengths delivering greater definition and a more natural color
- Optically tuned for impact protection
- 100% UV protection to minimize damage to your eyes
- Polarization is aligned precisely to reduce glare and filter out visual static to decrease eye fatigue
- Lenses are finished with a multi-layer mirror, anti-reflective coating designed to eliminate sidelight reflections
- Hydroleophobic water and oil proof coating repels moisture, grease and grime causing water to bead up and disperse without streaking
- Wipe away fingerprint smudges quickly and easily
- Tapered lens technology progressive tapers light rays from the optical center of the lens toward the peripheral view for visual accuracy and comfort
Eco-friendly Evolve Frames
- Proprietary Rislan® Clear material adds flexibility, strength and durability that is 53% bio-based
- Rislan® Clear material is not petroleum based and is derived from renewable material offering chemical resistance and sustainability
- Megol nose grips provide anti-slip technology with moisture absorbing properties
- 8 base curvature wraps your face for a more snug and secure fit
- Medium-large fit/ coverage
*Smith Optics sunglasses are backed by a lifetime warranty against manufacturer defects.
These products may contain bisphenol-A (BPA), a chemical known to the state of California to cause harm to the female reproductive system.
Challis Polarized Sunglasses
|Best Use||Bright Light Direct Sunlight|
|Lens Color||Blue Mirror|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.