SONY–MEX-M100BT Marine CD Receiver with Bluetooth® and SongPal™
MEX-M100BT Marine CD Receiver with Bluetooth® and SongPal™
|Amplifier||40 Watts x 4|
|Display Type||Segmented LCD|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
Cable-free music, hands-free calls, and a boatful of entertainment options find their way out onto the water with Sony's MEX-M100BT Marine CD Receiver with Bluetooth and SongPal™.
The title nearly says it all: this splash resistant stereo comes with Bluetooth and SongPal technology, a CD slot, AUX and USB inputs, AM/FM radio, Sirius XM compaibility (tuner sold separately), preset weather stations and Pandora Radio support. Connect to all your devices with or without cables and find the ideal setup for your sound system. Excellent output, DSEE and EQ control ensure you'll feel every beat and bass line as you cruise along — if you want to. With Advanced Sound Engine, personalize your sound and create the perfect audio experience from all your music sources. Use the SongPal app to make your smartphone or tablet as a convenient system remote to access, select and playback the music files stored there. You can also change various audio and system settings wirelessly using this app. This device gives you total domination over your musical experience on the water.
- Boost Your Sound Quality: This device comes with DSEE upscaling to restore quality to compressed files, meaning you don't have to sacrifice sound quality for space on your devices. It also has EQ for a richer, fuller sound.
- Pandora Radio: Now you can enjoy your Pandora radio stations on your boat. Thumbs up and down control is available from the stereo or your smartphone.
- Endless Bluetooth: In addition to all its other excellent features, this model is a Bluetooth master. It boasts A2DP, AVRCP, HFP 1.5, PBAP, and SPP Bluetooth. What kind of device do you have? Doesn't matter; this device can wirelessly connect to pretty much anything. One Touch Bluetooth pairing by Near Field Communication makes it easy to set up your bluetooth connection with your smartphone.
- Sony SongPal and Siri Eyes Free: Control your music using only your voice. With this technology, you never have to get out of the water (or captain's chair)!
- No Need to Reformat Your Music: The MEX-M100BT stereo works with NFC, WAV, AAC, FLAC, Sony SongPal, MSC, MP3, WMA and MTP on any of your devices.
- Better Bluetooth Calling: This technology provides completely hands-free calling, with call history, browsing options, mic adjustment and speed dial. With a built-in microphone and Phonebook access, you won't have to drop the fun to pick up a call.
- Convenience is Key: In addition to the included wired remote and RM-X11M compatibility, Sony's app for smartphones gives you wireless control. No matter where you are on your boat, these features give you complete domination of your audio experience.
- Protect Your Music: This device is water-resistant and includes input shutters so you don't have to worry about water, fog, and debris. With CD lock mode, you can feel secure playing your discs out on rough water.
- Never Skip a Beat: Memory backup lets you pick up right where you left off, even when the power's gone out.
What's in the Box
- MEX-M100BT Marine CD Receiver
- Wireed RM-X231 Remote
- Installation Hardware: trim ring (black); Bracket; Protection collar; Release keys; Connectors; screws
- AUX and USB shutters
- Documentation Packet
- Functions: Bluetooth/CD/USB input/AUX inputAM/FM/Pandora/SiriusXM ready/Pandora
- Watts: 160W (40W x 4)
- Display Type: White color positive 2-line LCD with 16 color choices
- Tuner: FM/AM step change (with 18/12 presets)
- Face Design: Detachable
- Dimensions: Single DIN
- Remote Control: Wired RMX231 Included, RM-X11M ready
- Inputs: AUX input; USB input
- Preamp Outputs: Three preamp outputs (front, rear, and sub)
- Waterproof Rating: Splash resistant
- Warranty: One year
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.