SPINLOCK–EA Asymmetric Grip Tiller Extension, Silver
EA Asymmetric Grip Tiller Extension, Silver
|Grip / Handle Type||Asymmetric Grip|
|Length||24 to 36"|
|Mount Type||Universal Joint|
This ergonomic, telescoping handle lets you comfortably steer with both hands.
Ergonomically pleasing wrap-around handle fits the hand better and supports the wrist more comfortably on all points of sail than a symmetric handle, according to Spinlock tests. In high-load, two-handed helming, the angled hand position lets your arms fall naturally into a more relaxed, elbows-down position.
EA Asymmetric Grip extensions have heavy-duty stainless steel swivel joints for 360° rotational freedom in any plane, fastpins for easy removal, and shock absorbing collars at the joints to protect the tiller and support the extension horizontally when released.
The shaft is anodized aluminum with a comfortable reinforced handle and cushioned oval grip that can be tuned to the right length with push-button ease. A heavy-duty, stainless steel orbital joint provides 360° rotation in any plane.
- Asymmetric grip fits the hand and supports the wrist, on or off the wind
- Allows two handed helming with arms relaxed into a more comfortable, elbows-down position
- Push-button adjustment with Torlon™ ball locking mechanism
- Removable fast-pin for easy attachment and removal from tiller
- Strong stainless steel swivel joint for precise control
- Includes retaining clip to hold the extension against the tiller
- Closed Length: 23 5/8"
- Extended Length: 35 7/16
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.