GEN3® Satellite Messenger
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
GEN3® Satellite Messenger
|Battery Life||Up to 50 Days|
|Dimensions||3 7/16" Height x 2 9/16" Width x 1" Depth|
The SPOT Gen3® Satellite Messenger provides satellite-based messaging capability so everyone who enjoys the great outdoors can communicate from remote locations around the globe, beyond the reach of cell phones. Pretty cool, huh?
When your adventures take you beyond cell service, SPOT lets you stay connected to family, friends and emergency responders. Using the power of satellite technology, SPOT Gen3 lets family and friends know you’re OK or sends emergency responders an SOS with your GPS location, all at the push of a button.
- Compact and lightweight: Weighing only 4.0oz. (with batteries), it packs easily for traveling
- Long battery life: Choose from Lithium or rechargeable batteries; or line-power the unit through its USB port
- New tracking options: Now you can choose the rate of tracking that suits your adventure (2 1/2, 5, 10, 30, or 60 minutes)
- Motion-activated tracking: Now your SPOT knows when you’re moving and when you stop to make camp. When SPOT Gen3 senses you’ve stopped for an extended period of time it will stop sending track messages until you start moving again
- New contoured shape: The new design allows you to easily attach your SPOT to your bag, boat or vehicle, allowing SPOT to go wherever you do.
What SPOT Gen3® Does
Tracking: SPOT Gen3's customized tracking features takes your SPOT experience to the next level. Tracking is motion-activated regardless of the level of tracking you choose (Basic or Extreme). A vibration sensor tells your SPOT to send track updates when you are moving and to stop when you do.
S.O.S. With the push of a button, GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center provides your GPS coordinates and information to local response teams—for example contacting 9-1-1 responders in North America and 1-1-2 responders in Europe. The S.O.S. button is for emergencies only.
Check In: Let family and friends know you're ok when you're out of cell phone range. Send a pre-programmed text message with GPS coordinates or an email with a link to Google Maps™ to your contacts with your location. With a push of a button, a message is sent via email or SMS to up to 10 pre-determined contacts and your waypoint is stored in your SPOT account for later reference. Your stored waypoints can be easily integrated into a SPOT Shared Page or SPOT Adventure account.
Connect to Social Media: Link your social accounts to keep your friends and family in the know wherever you go.
SPOT Adventures: A social networking platform, designed for the SPOT Nation, to share tracks, photos, and stories from your adventures.
Help/SPOT S.O.V. (Save Our Vehicle): Alert your personal contacts that you need help in non-life-threatening situations. Or, use SPOT S.O.V. for professional services on land. (Additional service required).
Custom Message: Stay in touch while off the grid by sending your custom message. Set up a message before leaving to send to contacts with your GPS location. Use this feature as a secondary OK message or transfer your personal help alert to this message function if you are using a SPOT S.O.V. service on your Help button.
What's in the Box
- SPOT Gen3®
- USB Cable
- Quick Reference Guide
Requires service agreement.
- GPS: Internal high-sensitivity GPS receiver
- Battery Type: Four AAA Energizer® Ultimate Lithium 8x L92 Batteries (included) or four AAA Energizer® NiMH reusable batteries (NH12) or line power with a 5V USB connection. (SPOT Gen3 is not waterproof when line powered.)
- Battery Life: Powered Off: 24 Months; SOS: 6 to 13 days; Tracking: ~ 3.5 to 156 days
- Weight: 4.0oz. (with batteries)
- Waterproof Rating: IP67 (Can be submerged at 1 meter for up to 30 minutes; dustproof)
- Warranty: One year for defects in workmanship
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
SPOTSPOT X 2-Way Satellite Messenger
25% Off - Ends 12/24/19