Sat-Fi, US, Satellite Hotspot with Magnetic Mount Helix Antenna
- Adds additional protection from the date of purchase
- Extends protection past the manufacturer warranty
Take your smartphone beyond cellular with the world’s most reliable satellite hotspot.
Today’s smartphones provide more options for staying in touch with friends and family than ever before. Unfortunately, they are dependent on the cellular network. Now you can take your smartphone beyond cellular with the world’s most reliable satellite hotspot.
Bridge between smartphone and GlobalStar: Sat-Fi is a VoIP to satellite bridge allowing you to send and receive satellite calls through your smartphone. You will be able to carry just a single phone and use that smartphone on both your cellular and Globalstar’s satellite network.
Fixed or vehicle locations: Sat-Fi is designed for both vehicle-based and fixed locations. Vehicle-based examples may include cars, trucks, RVs, ATVs as well as boats. Fixed location solutions may include remote areas where there is no cellular coverage and satellite communication is desired or needed.
Multiple users: While normal mobile satellite phones are single user devices, Sat-Fi allows for multiple simultaneous user connections. While only one satellite call can be made at a time, up to eight users may connect to a single Sat-Fi sharing its satellite connection. Once you are registered and connected to the Sat-Fi, you are immediately able to make outbound calls. Additional users and guests will be able to register their smartphones on Sat-Fi and make calls or data connections.
Sat-Fi App: All calls and data connections are made through the Sat-Fi App. This app needs to be downloaded on your Android or iOS device in order to connect to the Globalstar network.
- Be Heard with Globalstar’s crystal-clear voice quality
- Be Productive with the industry’s fastest data speeds, allowing you to send more in less time, therefore saving airtime costs
- Be Efficient with up to eight users using their existing devices to share one Sat-Fi connection
- Be Economical with the most affordable airtime plans
- Available for Android, Apple iOS, Mac and Windows
- Easily make voice calls, send emails, SMS and post to social media
- Conveniently use existing device contacts
- S.O.S. alert capability with GPS location data sent to emergency responders
- Transfer incoming calls and send text messages between connected users
- Powered by the world’s newest, most modern satellite network
- Easily make calls, send emails and SMS from any Wi-Fi enabled device from beyond cellular
- Fastest data speeds in the industry for sending and receiving email
- Enjoy affordable, crystal-clear voice quality with seamless connectivity
- Simple 10 digit dialing, caller ID and ability to use existing device contacts via the Sat-Fi App
- Connect up to eight users to Sat-Fi at one time
- Connect with emergency services should the unexpected occur
- Designed for both vehicle/vessel-based and fixed locations
- Antenna Type: Active
- Operating Frequency: Transmit (TX) 1610 – 1626 MHz; Receive (RX) 2483.5 – 2500 MHz
- Transmit Power: +31dBm EIRP
- Dimensions: 6 5/16" x 6 5/16" x 2 3/8"
- External Connectors: TX – SMA Female; RX – SMA Male; Power – 12VDC port; RP-SMA Antenna Mount
- Power Supply: 12V DC
- Max. Power Consumption: 14W
- Signaling: SIP
- DTMF Format: RFC2833
- Number of Voice Channels: 1
- Audio Codes: G.711u
- Wi-Fi Range: Up to 100'
- Warranty: One year (Sat-Fi unit and antenna); six months (batteries); 90 days (accessories)
- Sat-Fi unit
- AC/DC power supply
- 12V DC car adapter
- Waterproof DC power cable
- Globalstar External Antenna (one of the following antennas): Pole-Mounted Marinized Helix Antenna (GAT-17MR); Magnetic Mount Helix Building Antenna (GAT-17HX); Magnetic Patch Vehicle Antenna (GAT-17MP)
- Accessory Kit: (6) 3M Dual Lock Mounting Tape (5” length; (4) 3M Bumpon Feet; 14' m Coaxial Antenna Cable; Wi-Fi Antenna
- Quick start guide
Sat-Fi, US, Satellite Hotspot with Magnetic Mount Helix Antenna
|Dimensions||6.3" Width x 2.4" Height x 6.3" Depth|
|Minimum Requirements||Subscription Required|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
Free Standard Shipping is only applicable on orders over $49.00 and within the 48 contiguous United States. Free shipping does not apply to Truck Freight.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 260 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 8 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)