HX400 Handheld VHF Radio
Add extra coverage from the date of purchase beyond the manufacturer’s warranty. View Details
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Tough, commercial-grade handheld with built-in scrambler and LMR (Land Mobile Radio) channel options.
The heavy-duty HX400 combines multiple key features and commercial-tough construction with an optional speaker microphone jack, noise-cancelling microphone and 40 programmable LMR (Land Mobile Radio) channels with CTCSS and DCS signaling.
Additional bonuses include built in noise-canceling mic, Voice Scrambler for private communications, Programmable Scan, Ch16 Priority Scan, Dual Watch, Tri-Watch, channel names, 8-channel preset key and a low battery life indicator. Supplied with an ultra-high-capacity 2400mAh Lithium Ion battery and a full compliment of accessories.
- Lithium-ion battery and charger: The HX400 is supplied with a whopping 2300 mAh Lithium-Ion battery that will keep you talking for about 17 hours
- Rapid charger: There is no need to worry about the time it takes to fully charge the huge 2300mA battery as the HX400 is supplied with a three-hour rapid charger
- Marine and Land Mobile Channels: The HX400 has the capability to be programmed with 40 Land Mobile Radio (137-174MHz) channels with CTCSS or DCS signaling by a Standard Horizon dealer
- Built-in Noise Canceling Mic: The HX400 will surpass your voice transmissions expectations in noisy and windy environments with the built-in noise canceling microphone
- Voice Scrambler: No need to purchase an optional voice scrambler for secure communications as the HX400 has it built-in; The internal scrambler is compatible with Standard Horizon VHF Fixed Mount and Handheld VHF 4-code scramblers
- Loud speaker audio: The HX400 is designed to be heard in even the noisiest environments with 700mW of power supplied to the internal speaker
- Speaker Microphone Connection: Optional speaker microphone or headsets are available
- Programmable Channel Names: The HX400 is supplied from the factory preloaded with description of the use of Marine channels (16-Distress, 22A-USCG, 71-Pleasure); The channel names may be customized by the user to easily understand the use of each channel
- NOAA Weather channels and Weather Alert: 10 NOAA and Canadian Weather channels are pre-programmed and easily selectable using the dedicated WX key; In addition, the HX400 can be set to monitor WX channels and provide an audible alert to inform of pending storm advisories
- Programmable Scan, Priority Scan and Dual Watch: The radio can be set up to scan any number of channels with or without a priority channel or simply can be setup to scan between a priority channel and on other channel (dual watch)
- 10 favorite channel recall - Preset Key: Dedicated key that allows programming and quick selection of up to 10 favorite Marine VHF or NOAA Weather channels
- Battery Life indication: The display shows a battery bar graph guage to inform the charge left in the Lithium-ion battery
- Channels: All VHF channels plus 40 programmable land mobile channels (134 MHz to 174 MHz) with CTCSS and DCS signaling
- Receiver Performance: Sensitivity: 0.25µV; Rejection: 70dB
- Waterproof: Rated IPX8 Submersible
- Screen Size: 1.5"W x 1"H
- Warranty: Three-year waterproof, $65 flat rate
What's in the Box
- CAT460 Antenna
- FNB-115Li 7.4V Li-ion battery pack
- CD-50 Charging cradle
- PA-45B 120V AC wall charger for CD-50
- E-DC-30 DC cable with 12V cigarette lighter plug
- CLIP-22 Belt clip
- Hand strap
- Owner's manual
HX400 Handheld VHF Radio
|Battery Life||20 Hours|
|Transmit Power||5/2.5/1 Watt|
|Dimensions||2 1/4" Width x 5 1/4" Height x 1 3/4" Depth|
Three Years Waterproof
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).