STEARNS–ANSI-Compliant Utility Life Jackets
|Type||Inherently Buoyant Foam|
|USCG Type||Type III: Flotation Aids|
Stearns ANSI-Compliant Utility life jacket is specially designed to keep you highly visible and comfortably safe while working on the water.
When working on the water, a life jacket with maximum visibility, mobility, and comfort is essential. Stearns built their ANSI-Compliant Utility life jacket with your crew in mind. With bright yellow ANSI reflective material across the front and back in addition to the bright orange coloring, you will be highly visible while out at sea. Large arm holes and a low neckline make for unhindered mobility and comfort while working. Full mesh shoulders offer cooling comfort by allowing heat and perspiration to escape while the zippered front and encircling body straps offer a more customized fit.
Additional features include two large front pockets with hook-and-loop closures great for storing supplies as well as one D-ring for lanyard attachments. Constructed with lightweight flotation foam encased by a durable polyester shell, this life jacket was built tough for long days of work on or around the water. You and your crew will be comfortable with high visibility protection in a Stearns ANSI-Compliant Utility life jacket.
- Large armholes and low neckline for increased mobility
- 3M™ Scotchlite™, bright yellow, ANSI reflective material for increased visibility
- Two encircling body belts and heavy-duty zipper for a securely snug fit
- D-ring for attaching gear
- Two pockets with hook and loop closures for storing gear
- Full mesh shoulders and back for ventilation
- USCG Approval Type: Type III
- Intended Use: Recreational, all-purpose
- Buoyancy: 15.5lb.
- Flotation Material: Crosstech® flotation foam
- Shell Fabric: 200 denier polyester
- Straps: Two body
- Closure: Heavy-duty zipper
- Warranty: Limited
For more information on USCG approval types and why you should always wear your life jacket when you are on a boat, see “Think Safe Choose the Right Personal Flotation Device (PFD)”.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.