STEARNS–Merchant Mate II Flotation Life Jacket
Merchant Mate II Flotation Life Jacket
|Type||Inherently Buoyant Foam|
|USCG Type||Type I: Offshore|
The “Merchant Mate II” life jacket from Stearns will keep you comfortably safe in the water.
Constructed from soft, Aquafoam flotation foam, this life jacket will keep you and your crew afloat in rough waters. The foam-filled collar provides additional head support and the Type I design turns unconscious wearers face up in the water. The hinged-back design and two chest adjusters improve the flotation angle keeping your even higher in the water. SOLAS grade reflective tape is strategically placed on the chest and back for increased visibility in murky conditions. Additional features include body encircling straps for a snug fit and an attachment point for a light or other accessory.
- 62 square inches of SOLAS grade reflective patches on upper chest and back for increased visibility
- Attachment point on shoulder for attaching light or accessories
- Body encircling belt and chest strap for a snug fit
- Hinged-back and chest adjusters for a better flotation angle
- Foam filled collar provides additional head support
- USCG Approval Type: Type I
- Intended Use: Offshore, commercial, industrial
- Buoyancy: 22lbs.
- Flotation Material:Inherently buoyant foam
- Shell Fabric: 210 Denier nylon
- Straps: 1” webbed
- Closure: Buckles
For more information on USCG approval types and why you should always wear your life jacket when you are on a boat, see “Think Safe Choose the Right Personal Flotation Device (PFD)”.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.