The Powerboat from Stearns is the original bomber-style flotation jacket providing extra warmth and the buoyancy of a life jacket without sacrificing comfort and mobility.
Constructed from soft, PVC foam that provides 15.5 pounds of buoyancy and a water-resistant nylon coated outer shell offering extreme protection and a great option for deep water use. The slim design features a waist-length cut for freedom of movement while the improved fit around the ribbed knit waistband and wrist cuffs won’t waterlog, ensuring comfort and true-to-form wear in all conditions.
High visibility is achieved by strategically placing SOLAS-grade reflective material on the arms and shoulders. Store your gear in any of the four outside pockets with hook-and-loop closures, the sleeve utility pocket or the inside chest pocket. With an internal adjustable belt and heavy-duty zipper, the Powerboat offers a securely snug fit for your water activities.
- Multiple pockets with full hook and loop closures for storing gear
- Rib knit waistband and wristbands for an improved fit
- Internal adjustable belt for a secure fit
- SOLAS-grade reflective tape on arms and shoulders for increased visibility
- Waist-length cut for freedom of movement
- USCG Approval Type: Type III
- Intended Use: Offshore, coastal, inshore, sailing
- Buoyancy: 15.5lb.
- Flotation Material: PVC foam
- Shell Fabric: Coated nylon
- Closure: Heavy-duty zipper
- Warranty: Limited
For more information on USCG approval types and why you should always wear your life jacket when you are on a boat, see “Think Safe Choose the Right Personal Flotation Device (PFD)”.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.