The Deck Hand from Stearns protects you while providing lightweight comfort.
Stearns encased this heavy-duty life jacket with nylon outer shell that is durable and tough. Full mesh shoulders and back provide comfort and cooling for hot days on the water. Underneath the rugged exterior, you will find light yet durable Crosstech® flotation foam to keep you buoyant. The 1” encircling body belt and side adjustments provide a secure fit while the heavy-duty Vislon® zipper is rustproof. The Deck Hand features SOLAS grade reflective material and the distinct orange coloring increase visibility in murky conditions.
- Full mesh back and shoulders for cooling
- SOLAS grade 3M™ Scotchlite™ reflective material for increased visibility
- Side adjustments for a customized fit
- USCG Approval Type: Type III
- Intended Use: Industrial, recreational, all-purpose
- Buoyancy: 15.5lb.
- Flotation Material: Crosstech® flotation foam
- Shell Fabric: Nylon Oxford
- Straps: One body
- Closure: Heavy-duty zipper; one buckle
- Warranty: Limited
For more information on USCG approval types and why you should always wear your life jacket when you are on a boat, see “Think Safe Choose the Right Personal Flotation Device (PFD)”.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.