Ultra 4000 Automatic/Manual Inflatable Life Jacket
|USCG Type||Type V: Special Use|
Rugged comfort and convenient safety define Stearns’ Ultra 4000 Automatic Manual Inflatable Life Jacket!
With a comfortable fit, this inflatable life jacket turns unconscious wearer’s face up and effectively keeps your head above water. The easy-to-wear, low-profile design of the Ultra 4000 Automatic Manual Inflatable life jacket from Stearns offers comfort and freedom of movement on the water yet protects you in the event of an unexpected fall in the water. The tri-fold design makes for easy repacking so you can neatly store your life jacket when not in use.
Designed to automatically inflate when the activation cord is pulled or you can use the panel tube to inflate it yourself. You will want to visually inspect your life jacket for leaks or tears every few months and service the automatic inflator yearly. Rearm your life jacket with a Stearns PFD 0924 Rearming Kit or a compatible 33-gram CO2 cylinder with bayonet tip.
Inflatable life jackets are designed to be lightweight and low profile offering maximum mobility. This feature minimizes bulk so it fits well over your rash guard or offshore jacket. With its freedom of movement, you can wear this life jacket comfortably for extended periods of time without noticing it. With a two inch adjustable belt with a single buckle, it is easy to don on and off as well as offering a secure fit.
Constructed from durable nylon material, the Ultra 4000 Automatic Manual Inflatable life jacket will endure years of wear in harsh conditions. 3M™ Scotchlite™ SOLAS-grade reflective material is strategically placed on the nylon shell to enhance visibility in murky conditions.
- D-ring for attaching accessories
- Pocket for storing extra 33-gram CO2 cylinder
- 3M™ Scotchlite™ SOLAS-grade reflective material for increased visibility
- Fits a wide range of chest sizes from 30"-52"
- Approved for use on uninspected commercial vessels less than 40ft not carrying passengers for hire
- Approved for use by individuals 16 years and older weighing 90 pounds or more
- Tri-fold design provides comfortable fit and easy repacking
- Attached emergency whistle
- Includes mesh storage bag, cylinder and bobbin
- Patented L-Tab™ webbing catch secures excess belt length
For more information on USCG approval types and why you should always wear your life jacket when you are on a boat, see “Think Safe—Choose the Right Personal Flotation Device (PFD)”.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.