Fishing Marker Buoy
After finding the fish, mark their location with the easy-to-use Suremarker™ buoy.
Far better and easier to use than bleach bottles with too much or too little line, the Suremarker buoy offers a convenient means to mark fishing hot spots. Usage is easy: After locating a promising spot on sonar, remove the detachable winding handle and toss the Suremarker directly overboard. Once deployed, the line automatically pays out to the bottom and stops, locking in at the desired depth. Two eyelets ensure smooth line deployment and the reel design prevents backlash. The easy-to-see bright orange flag immediately shows wind direction and will also lean in the direction of the current.
NOTE: Suremarker does not include a weight, which must be purchased separately. The manufacturer recommends a 4 to 4 1/2 pound weight and 2 to 4 feet of 250 pound test leader material, which also must be purchased separately.
- High-density PVC foam float
- Float is impervious to gas and oil
- High-visibility flag marks location
- Ships supplied with 200 feet 100# test braided line
- Detachable winding handle for easy weight retrieval
- Fits in most rod holders and rocket launchers
- Great for drift fishing when using two Suremarkers
- Buoy doubles as an anchoring aid
- Purchase weight separately
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.