8D High Double Battery Box
A double walled battery box for two oversized 8D batteries
This extra roomy box is designed to house and protect two oversized 8D batteries. Seamless, heavy wall, premium grade molded polyethylene construction offers superior chemical and impact resistance, even at temperatures as low as -40°F. Full flow ventilation ensures adequate cooling and increases the life of your batteries.
Because DC electrical shorts are one of the primary causes of onboard fires, installing a battery box with a cover is critically important for safety. For example, if you drop a crescent wrench across the terminals of an uninsulated marine battery, a massive short will result that could cause a serious electrical fire. Having a secure cover adds greatly to the safety. Two bolts with wingnuts hold the top securely in place.
Due to the corrosive nature of the sulfuric acid used in marine batteries, it is important to protect the surrounding metals and fasteners from exposure. This is especially true for aluminum boats. An acid reservoir is molded into the bottom of the box to contain any accidental spills and protect your boat and its components. Designed to limit battery movement to 1" in any direction, these battery boxes are compliant with USCG and ABYC guidelines.
- UV and impact resistant molded plastic
- Double wall construction for excellent strength and impact resistance
- Designed for two ovesized 8D batteries
- Cover is locked in place with two bolts and prevents dangerous across-terminal electrical shorts
- Vented to allow discharge of hydrogen gas; increases life of batteries
- They meet ABYC Standard E-10 and U.S. Coast Guard Specification Number 183.420 as an OEM-installed battery hold-down system
- Inside Dimensions: 12 1/2"H x 21"W x 24 1/2"D
- External Dimensions: 14 1/2"H x 24 1/2"W x 28"
8D High Double Battery Box
|Dimensions||21" Width x 12 1/2" Height x 24 1/2" Length|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)