8D Low Battery Box
|Dimensions||11 1/2" Width x 9 1/2" Height x 21 1/2" Length|
A double walled battery box for 8D batteries
Seamless, heavy wall, premium grade molded polyethylene construction offers superior chemical and impact resistance, even at temperatures as low as -40°F. Full flow ventilation ensures adequate cooling and increases the life of your batteries.
Because DC electrical shorts are one of the primary causes of onboard fires, installing a battery box with a cover is critically important for safety. For example, if you drop a crescent wrench across the terminals of an uninsulated marine battery, a massive short will result that could cause a serious electrical fire. Having a secure cover adds greatly to the safety. Two bolts with wingnuts hold the top securely in place.
Due to the corrosive nature of the sulfuric acid used in marine batteries, it is important to protect the surrounding metals and fasteners from exposure. This is especially true for aluminum boats. An acid reservoir is molded into the bottom of the box to contain any accidental spills and protect your boat and its components. Designed to limit battery movement to 1" in any direction, these battery boxes are compliant with USCG and ABYC guidelines.
- UV and impact resistant molded plastic
- Double wall construction for excellent strength and impact resistance
- Cover is locked in place with two bolts and prevents dangerous across-terminal electrical shorts
- Vented to allow discharge of hydrogen gas; increases life of batteries
- They meet ABYC Standard E-10 and U.S. Coast Guard Specification Number 183.420 as an OEM-installed battery hold-down system
- Inside Dimensions: 9 1/2"H x 11 1/2"W x 21 1/2"D
- External Dimensions: 12"H x 15"W x 25"D
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.