Travel 1003 Electric Outboard, Short Shaft
- Adds additional protection from the date of purchase
- Extends protection past the manufacturer warranty
Buy A Travel Motor and Receive A Free Bag Set
Valid August 9, 2018 - August 19, 2018
Perfect for daysailers up to 3,000 pounds, tenders, dinghies and duck boats.
This motor sets a new standard for quiet, lightweight and ecologically-friendly propulsion. With a built-in ultra-efficient, lithium-manganese battery pack, Torqeedo Travel outboards deliver power and range. (Range varies depending on speed, conditions and boat type. At full throttle, run time is 35 minutes; slower speeds result in up to ten hours or more!)
The Travel 1003 is completely waterproof, clean and easy to use with push-button starting and a four-function display that shows percentage of battery power remaining, speed over ground and remaining range. Speed and range are calculated using an integrated GPS receiver. An audible signal warns you when the battery charge drops to 30%. It has the smallest carbon footprint of any propulsion motor.
- Environmentally friendly—no matter how or where you store your Travel—there’s no risk of leakage or fuel smells
- Quiet and lightweight
- Completely waterproof
- High-performance lithium battery integrated into the outboard: high energy density, excellent high-current capacity, safe
- Charging socket and USB port for charging with onshore power 12V
- Also solar chargeable including while on voyage
- Can also be used as a power source for smartphones, lamps etc. via a USB adapter
- Onboard computer with GPS-based calculation of remaining range
- Audible alarm issued when battery charge is low
- Magnetic kill switch stops the motor in emergencies without impairing its waterproof qualities
- Can be easily dismantled for transport and space-saving storage
- Two year manufacturer warranty
|Speed (Knots)||Range (Statute Miles)||Run Time (hrs)|
Travel 1003 Electric Outboard, Short Shaft
0:35 Hours Full-Throttle
3:30 Hours Half-Throttle
|Comparable Horsepower||3 Horsepower|
|Input Power||1000 Watts|
|Length||24 5/8 Inches|
|Output Power||480 Watts|
|Voltage||29.6 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||Two Years Limited|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
Free Standard Shipping is only applicable on orders over $49.00 and within the 48 contiguous United States. Free shipping does not apply to Truck Freight.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 260 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 5 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 5 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)