Shift Solar-Powered Tactical Compass
|Dimensions||6 3/16" Width x 3 7/8" Height x 1 7/8" Depth|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
See the headers and lifts with this tool that's legal in the most conservative classes.
Sailing compass showing heading, and how much you’re headed or lifted. Big numbers and oversized buttons make it simple to use. The Shift’s aerospace-grade motion-processing algorithm makes it smoother and more responsive than any other tactical compass on the market.
- Stay in phase: The Shift is a tactical sailing compass that allows you to easily see your heading and how much you’re headed or lifted. Big numbers and oversized buttons make it simple to use. The Shift’s aerospace-grade motion-processing algorithm makes it smoother and more responsive than any other tactical compass on the market.
- See shifts at a glance: Big numbers and bold arrows make it easy to see your heading and how much you're headed or lifted.
- Big digits and high-contrast screen: The Shift's 1 1/2" high (38mm) digits can be easily read from over 100' away.
- Polarized sunglasses compatible: The Shift's high contrast LCD will also show up crystal clear through your polarized sunglasses.
- Big buttons: Oversized buttons allow you to instantly store port and starboard reference angles on the fly.
- Solid-state 9-axos AHRS: The Shift uses a solid-state 9-axis Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS). The result is aerospace-grade heading indication that is smoother and more responsive than any other tactical compass on the market.
- The ProStart's timer: When you hear or see any type of start signal just hit the GUN button. If the timer isn’t running, it will start. If the timer is running it will sync. Once the timer is sync'ed you can independently adjust minutes while the seconds keep counting down.
- Backlight: The Shift has a red LED backlight that won’t ruin your night vision. The battery's good for over 60 hours of sailing in the dark
- Solar powered: The top of the Shift is dedicated to an enormous 26mm x 124mm (1" x 5") solar panel. This keeps the Shift juiced-up and ready for action.
- Replaceable battery: Even the best lithium batteries don't last forever. The Shift was designed to make it easy for you to replace the product's battery yourself.
- Waterproof (IPx8 rating): The Shift is designed to withstand continuous immersion at 3m (9 ft). Every single unit that comes off the assembly line is pressure-tested before it ships.
- Class legal: The Shift doesn't use any GPS technology and it even comes with a static-cling Legalizer Label for use in the most conservative one design classes.
- Display Type: Sunlight-readable high-contrast LCD
- Digit Size: 1.5" digit height; 120° viewing angle
- Display Modes: Compass Mode; Timer Mode
- Accuracy: Heading Repeatability: ±0.5°
- GPS Receiver: None
- Battery Type: 900mAh Lithium Polymer with 4.7" x 1" polycrystalline silicon solar panel
- Battery Life: 100 hours (60 hours with backlight)
- Mounting: Bracket required (model 15242902 sold separately)
- Waterproof Rating: IPX8
- Warranty: One year
What's in the Box
- Velocitek Shift
- Mounting cradle
- Two Velocitek stickers
- Quick Start Guide
- Static-Cling Legalizer Label
- Nylon storage case
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.