The Walker AIRSEP® is the premiere closed crankcase system that incorporates three systems in one.
The Walker AIRSEP® is the premium closed crankcase air filtration system for marine diesel engines and gensets. These genuine replacementair filter elements are designed and manufactured to meet Walker's strict standards for high performance air flow, multi-ply construction,and product quality. These filters are washable, and may be cleaned 2-3 times using the Walker air filter cleaning kit (sold separately). Air filters are available in popular sizes to equip your Caterpillar®,Detroit Diesel®, or Cummins® marine engines. Available in straight or cone shape.
- Please measure your filter carefully before ordering (shape and filter size should not be changed from original equipment as springs and tops will not fit properly)
Standard AIRSEP units 1989-Present
- Traditional AIRSEPS (AIRSEPS with springs or air filter frame) require NO MAINTENANCE. NEVER attempt to clean the inside of an AIRSEP unit, you will damage the material inside the AIRSEP and it will no longer function properly to process crankcase fumes or return liquid oil to the engine.
- It may also cause engine crankcase pressures to rise out of the normal range. If you attempt to clean AIRSEP or pour any cleaners, solvents, or other liquids into the AIRSEP unit, you must replace it to avoid damage to your engine.
- You can and should only clean the Air Filter element using Walker air filter cleaning kit(s); DDF9000 for standard red filters, and BAF2000 for Walker Blue filters.
CCE AIRSEP units 2001- Present
- CCE AIRSEP units are best identified as units without using air filter springs, and have a v-band clamp where the air filter meets the AIRSEP body. These units are serviceable, and are equipped with a disposable internal filter set.
- These internal filters are removable and should be replaced every 500-750 hours. They CANNOT be cleaned.
- See CCE service instructions for the unit you have listed in the “TECH” section of the Walker Website.
- Air filters on the CCE AIRSEP can and should be cleaned using Walker air filter cleaning kit(s); DDF9000 for standard red filters, and BAF2000 for Walker Blue filters.
- All CCe systems include a indicator vent port. When the internal element service life approaches, you will start to see small amounts of vapor vent from this port. Should venting be evident, it is recommended to replace the entire filter set (1st stage and primary elements) immediately.
West Marine Air Filter Measuring Guide
Spring Cross Reference Chart