EVERCOAT–2 1/2"W Resin Spreaders, 3-Pack
2 1/2"W Resin Spreaders, 3-Pack
A simple tool with a ton of uses.
From fiberglass repairs, to sanding, to fairing, to removing registration stickers resin spreaders have almost unlimited uses. Resins and fillers commonly used in fiberglass repairs are often too thick to apply with a brush; resin spreaders (or Bondo™ spreaders, or squeegees as they are often called) are a much more effective method of covering a large area with material. Fiberglass can be wet our by pouring the resin directly on the cloth and using the flexible plastic blade to spread it out. A second pass over the repair can help to remove air bubbles to produce a solid layup. The thin pliable edge helps follow contours of the hull around a repair area and leaves a smooth, even layer of material to speed up the fairing process. These 2 1/2" wide spreaders can be trimmed to any width with scissors or a utility knife to tackle smaller jobs. For sanding jobs: sandpaper can be wrapped around the edge to reach tight areas or effectively sand right up to a 90° corner. The plastic edge can also be used to remove vinyl stickers from hullsides without the risk of scratching the gelcoat. There is no end to the uses for these resin spreaders.
- Sturdy plastic with a thin flexible edge is great for so many different jobs
- Helps to spread fiberglass resins faster and more evenly
- Stiff enough to spread fairing materials, but thin enough to follow contours
- Easily cut to width for smaller jobs
- Effective sanding tool for reaching into tight corners
- Safe on gelcoat to remove registration stickers and other vinyl stickers
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.