Bahama 9.5 Sit-Inside Kayak
This item is no longer available.
We think you'll quickly run out of excuses for not getting out on the water in this kayak.
Really. What excuses could you have? We list several below with our response to each:
"I can't afford a kayak."
You could own our Bahama 9.5 Sit-Inside Kayak for around the price of purchasing that daily caffeinated beverage from your local coffee shop for the next nine weeks. And you'd be burning calories rather than consuming calories. Can you really afford not to?
"I don't know how to paddle a kayak."
With its unique tri-keel "Stabilizer" hull, our kayak is extra stable and designed to enhance tracking (holding your course). Plus, with a sit-inside kayak the low center of gravity makes it easier to paddle. You'll discover it really has a short learning curve and paddlers of all ages will enjoy the freedom kayaking provides.
"I'll feel too confined in a sit-inside kayak."
Our Bahama Kayak has a roomy cockpit that makes it simple to enter and exit. Adjustable foot braces allow you to customize the cockpit for the length of your legs and give you the ability to adjust your leg position throughout the day. Tthe dashboard has also been designed to be out-of-the-way, yet easy-to-reach.
"I won't have room for all my gear."
You'll find our kayak has a huge stern tankwell with a bungee tiedown that's big enough for a storage crate, cooler or dry bag. Self-draining scuppers ensure water that enters the tankwell won't stay there for long. The dashboard provides a bungee for securing smaller personal items. A molded-in paddle rest, gear trays and cup holder are included as well. With a capacity of 300 pounds including you and your gear, our kayak will hold everything you need for a day-long trip.
"I don't like drilling holes in my kayak to mount accessories."
The dashboard on our Bahama Kayak includes two molded-in recesses for RAM Solo Mount Screwballs. This makes for an extremely easy way to add accessories without drilling.
"Kayaks just aren't comfortable."
Our kayak's Perception Zone Seating System features a high-back, adjustable, padded back support and padded bottom for exceptional comfort and support. The combing is padded around your knees and thighs (which also increases your comfort when portaging your kayak upside down on your shoulders).
"The water's too cold here to kayak."
Unlike a sit-on-top, with a sit-inside kayak you are more sheltered from cold water. You can even add an optional spray skirt (sold separately) for greater protection.
"At this price your kayak can't be durable."
Our Bahama 9.5 Sit-Inside Kayak is made from roto-molded polyethylene. That means the hull is flexible and impact resistant so it will endure years of rough handling. It's also easy to transport and store.
- Hull is made of flexible, impact-resistant, roto-molded polyethylene
- Molded-in dashboard with bungee holds items you need to access quickly
- Two molded-in recesses for RAM Solo Mount Screwballs to attach accessories
- Perception Zone Seating System with high-back, adjustable, padded back support and padded bottom
- Adjustable foot braces customize the leg length for efficient paddling
- Combing is padded for knee and thigh comfort
- Molded-in paddle rest, gear trays and cup holder for convenience
- Grooved for easily attaching an optional spray skirt
- Molded-in stern tankwell with bungee tiedown and two self-draining scuppers
- Fore and aft molded-in handles double as tie-off points
- Drain plug makes removing water easier when your day is done
If you don't already own them or it's time to replace the ones you have, remember to order a kayak paddle and a life jacket (both sold separately) so you'll be ready to splash your kayak as soon as possible!
Bahama 9.5 Sit-Inside Kayak
|Hull Construction||Roto Molded|
|Seat Type||Perception Zone Seating System|
|Warranty Details||Three Years|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).
C-TUGKayak and Canoe Cart