Fuel Demand Valve
Prevent engine flooding that is a result of new EPA required closed fuel systems.
EPA requirements for portable fuel systems no longer permit vapor emissions or ventilation into the atmosphere. As a result, these closed systems can build up pressure in the tank that forces fuel into the engine causing it to flood and leak into the water. West Marine Fuel Demand Valves (FDV) control the added pressure in these systems and eliminate engine flooding and potential fuel spray while connecting and disconnecting fuel lines at the engine. The fuel demand valve can hold up to 5psi of pressure and allow the engine to draw only what it needs without impeding normal fuel flow. To address similar pressure issues at the tank, we recommend the installation of a sprayless connector and fitting at the tank end.
- Prevents engine flooding caused by added pressure in ventless fuel systems
- Controls pressure to eliminate risk of fuel spray when connecting and disconnecting fuel lines at the engine
- Allows engine to draw at normal fuel flow rate
- Compatible with ethanol blending fuels
- Fits 5/16" and 3/8" fuel hose
Fuel Demand Valve
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).