Battery Box with Strap, Fits Group 24
Protect your battery and your boat by installing our rugged and affordable battery box
Designed to fit West Marine batteries, our battery boxes provide an excellent and affordable solution to securing batteries and containing accidental electrolyte (acid) spillage. Due to the corrosive nature of the sulfuric acid used in marine batteries, it is important to protect the surrounding metals and fasteners from exposure; this is especially true for aluminum boats. The rigid polypropylene box and cover are resistant to acid leaks and are tightly fitted to restrain your group 24 battery from moving more than 1 inch in any direction: making them compliant with USCG and ABYC guidelines.
Also, because DC electrical shorts are one of the primary causes of onboard fires, installing a battery box with a cover is critically important for safety. For example, if you drop a crescent wrench across the terminals of an uninsulated marine battery, a massive short will result that could cause a serious electrical fire. Our boxes also are vented to allow the routine discharge of hydrogen gas from flooded batteries.
Cables are run through molded inlet in the cover and the terminals are protected for accidental contact with the cover in place. The mounting hardware and strap are included to make installation straightforward.
- A rugged and affordable solution to safely secure, vent and protect one Group 24 battery
- Secure cover prevents dangerous across-terminal electrical shorts
- Vented to allow discharge of hydrogen gas
- Acid resistant polypropylene construction
- Hardware and strap are included
- They meet ABYC Standard E-10 and U.S. Coast Guard Specification Number 183.420 as an OEM-installed battery hold-down system.
- Inside Dimensions: 10 1/4"L x 7"W x 8 3/8"
Battery Box with Strap, Fits Group 24
|Dimensions||7" Width x 8 3/8" Height x 10 1/4" Length|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).