Hand Swaging Tools
Campact swaging tool for oval sleeves.
Oval sleeves or Nicopress® fittings are a convenient way to create pennants and security cables using wire rope. These hand swaging tools provide an affordable way to swage on the spot—and they will fit in your tool box. When used properly, the swages will meet the strength of 7 x7 and 7 x 19 wire. This coated steel tool resists corrosion and provides dies to fit commonly used oval sleeves. Grade 8 bolts transfer pressure to oval sleeve fittings using a wrench or socket to complete the swage.Bolts are pre-lubricated for smooth operation under load. For a convenient way to swage oval sleeves on a bench or on a boat, pick up a West Marine Hand Swaging Tool.
- Compact tool that can be used for on-site swaging
- Ideal for swaging oval sleeves on wire rope
- Pre-lubricated Grade 8 bolts for strength and smooth operation
- Two sizes that provide dies for commonly used wire sizes
Note: A five to one safety factor is recommended while creating wire rope products; meaning if a cable is rated for 1000 lbs. it will safely carry 200 lbs. For use with 1 x 19 wire, two oval sleeves are required to achieve safe working strength.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).