WEST MARINE–ISAF/ISO Specification 12401 Single Safety Tether
ISAF/ISO Specification 12401 Single Safety Tether
|Boat End Hardware||Aluminum double-action safety hook|
|Breaking Strength||5000 pounds|
|Harness End Hardware||locking carabiner|
|Meets ISAF Standard||YES|
|Warranty Details||Three Years (with some manufacturer exeptions)|
WEST MARINE ISAF/ISO Specification 12401 Single Safety Tether
Elastic single tether has a 6' leg that extends from 41" to 72". This tether meets all ORC Special Regulation requirements for strength, design and features for sailboat racing. It incorporates a lightweight aluminum double-action safety hook, built-in stress indicator.
- Includes bright overload indicator flags embedded in the stitching that are exposed when the tether is stressed to the point of needing replacement (about 900lb. of force triggers the flag)
- The boat-end aluminum safety hooks have easy-to-use double-action gates that automatically lock closed, so they won’t accidentally release from attachment points
- Double-action gates are extremely easy to open in one ergonomic movement without pinching your hands
- Internal elastic located inside the webbing cover retracts when not under load, staying out of the way
- Non-magnetic, stainless steel auto-locking carabiner at chest end connects securely to the harness
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.