WEST MARINE–Large Boom Vang
Large Boom Vang
|Boat Length||Up to 15 Feet|
|Dimensions||60 Feet x 1/2 Inch|
Add independent control of the main’s leech.
Boom vangs control mainsail leech tension independently of the mainsheet so you can control sail twist. They’re particularly effective off the wind, when the pull of the sheet is primarily horizontal, because they prevent the boom from lifting and spilling the wind. We offer four vangs to fit most dinghies and racer-cruisers.
Each vang features snap shackles on each block so they’re suitable for both permanent and temporary mounting and can be used as a preventer when attached to the rail. High-quality components include New England Ropes double braid and free-running Ronstan fiddle blocks. You’ll need to add snap shackle attachment points on the boom and mast base.
- Solution to controlling leech tension independently of the mainsheet
- Assembled using high quality Ronstan fiddle blocks and New England doublebraid line
- Snap shackles at both ends makes temporary installation possible
- Can be used as a preventer for downwind sailing
- Requires attachment points on boom and base of the mast
- Available in sizes appropriate for most dinghy and racer-cruiser applications
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.