WEST MARINE–Low Profile Stainless Steel Handrails
Custom 316 stainless steel handrail without the wait.
Handrails are important safety equipment on a boat. They add security to boaters moving around the deck in rough seas or just climbing aboard. Our pre-fabricated stainless steel handrails provide an attractive alternative to higher cost custom options that have longer lead-times. Each handrail features polished 316 stainless steel construction to provide strength and superior corrosion resistance. Several lengths are available to suit different applications. The ends of handrail will accept the included 5/16-20 threaded studs for use with nuts and washers or they can be bolted directly from the interior using thread bolts or screws; either option provides the added security of though-bolt installation. Ideal to provide extra hand hold to increase safety, but can be used as handles to lift hatches or operate doors.
- Handrails provide security on deck or below
- Pre-fabricated to provide an attractive alternative to more expensive and time consuming custom handrails
- 316 stainless steel for superior corrosion resistance
- Several lengths available to match application
- Ends feature 5/16-20 threads to accept included studs or bolts for through-bolted installation (we recommend the use of metal backing blocks for critical installations)
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.