Add independent control of the main’s leech.
Boom vangs control mainsail leech tension independently of the mainsheet so you can control sail twist. They’re particularly effective off the wind, when the pull of the sheet is primarily horizontal, because they prevent the boom from lifting and spilling the wind.
The mini vang is ideal for dinghies and features traditional shackles on each block for a conventional installation. High-quality components include New England Ropes double braid and free-running Ronstan fiddle blocks. You’ll need to add snap shackle attachment points on the boom and mast base.
- Solution to controlling leech tension independently of the mainsheet
- Assembled using high quality Ronstan fiddle blocks and New England doublebraid line
- Traditional shackles at both ends makes installation straight forward
- Requires attachment points on boom and base of the mast
- Available in sizes appropriate for most dinghy and racer-cruiser applications
Mini Boom Vang
|Boat Length||Up to 15 Feet|
|Dimensions||20 Feet x 1/4 Inch|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.