WEST MARINE–ORC Specification Double Safety Tether
ORC Specification Double Safety Tether
|Boat End Hardware||Double-Action Hook|
|Harness End Hardware||Snap Shackle|
|Meets ISAF Standard||Yes|
Elastic double tether has a 3' leg that extends from 18" to 36", plus a 6' leg that extends from 41" to 72".
Incorporates lightweight aluminum double-action safety hooks, built-in stress indicator.
With a 3' leg and a 6' leg, you have two options for safely tethering yourself. Short leg provides the highest security, and 6' leg allows you to stand or move around while safely clipped on.
This tether meets all ORC requirements for strength, design and features for sailboat racing.
Kong ISO 12401 compliant tethers are available at West Marine as a special order.
- Includes bright overload indicator flags embedded in the stitching that are exposed when the tether is stressed to the point of needing replacement (about 900lb. of force triggers the flag).
- The boat-end aluminum safety hooks have easy-to-use double-action gates that automatically lock closed, so they won’t accidentally release from attachment points
- Double-action gates are extremely easy to open in one ergonomic movement without pinching your hands
- Internal elastic located inside the webbing cover retracts when not under load, staying out of the way
- Non-magnetic, stainless steel snap shackle at chest closes securely and easily releases from the harness when it is under load
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.