WEST MARINE–Outdrive Antifouling Spray Paint
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Outdrive Antifouling Spray Paint
|Aluminum Safe||Aluminum Safe|
|Anti-Slime Additive||Zinc Omadine|
|Copper Free||Copper Free|
|Coverage||15 Square Feet|
|Cure Time||To Overcoat: 6 Hours; To Launch: Overnight|
|Type||Outdrive Aerosol Antifouling|
Protect your outboard or outdrive from marine growth.
Our outdrive spray paint is unique in its ability to prevent marine growth in freshwater, saltwater and brackish water and its compatibility with underwater metals. This copper-free paint applies easily over pre-coated aluminum sterndrives and outboards using the spray tip of the aerosol can. The anti-fouling properties of the Zinc Pyrithione biocide helps to repel growth through an abladive process. We recommend applying at least 2 coats separated by 6 hours of drying time and waiting 12 or more hours before returning the boat to the water. One can is usually enough for an outdrive or outboard. Additional steps are required for applications to bare metals; step by step instructions on the can will help guide you through the priming process for these situations. In the battle to prevent marine grown on outdrives or outboards, put West Marine Outdrive spray on the front lines.
- Prevents marine grown in saltwater, brackish water and freshwater
- Copper-free and compatible with aluminum (additional steps are required for application to bare aluminum)
- Applies evenly with aerosol can
- One can is enough for a single outboard or outdrive
- Color: black
- Not available for sale or shipment to California
- Type:Ablative aerosol for outdrives and underwater metals
- Recommended Usage:Fresh, salt and brackish water; Trailerable, dry-stored, aluminum lower units on outdrives; Outboards
- Biocide:Zinc Pyrithione
- Number of Coats Recommended:Two
- Coverage: 15 sq. ft.
- Drying Time:To overcoat: 6hrs.; To launch: Overnight
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.