WEST MARINE–Performance2 Anchor/Rode Packages
Premium Prespliced Line
|Compatibility||Boats 32+ Feet|
1/4" Chain Diameter
1/2" Line Diameter
|Dimensions||28 11/16" Shank Length x 21 5/8" Stock Width x 18" Fluke Length|
15 Feet Chain
200 Feet Line
|Warranty Details||Five Years|
Quality anchor packages that don't compromise where your boat's safety is concerned.
What's in the Package: We’ve put together our ideal anchor package by mating our Performance2 Anchor (described below) with either 10' (for the 5lb. anchor) or 15' (for the 12lb. anchor) of 1/4" Grade 43 hot-dipped galvanized High-Test steel chain spliced to 200' of 1/2" Premium 3-Strand nylon line with a 5/16" high-strength galvanized screw-pin shackle for attachment to the anchor.
Strong and proven rope-to-chain splice: Rope-to-chain splices are a time-proven method of connecting rope and chain in an anchor rode. They stow easily, pass through a chain pipe more readily than a splice/thimble, and retain about 90% of the breaking strength of the line compared to new line. Easy to handle and compatible with most styles of self-tailing windlasses.
5lb. or 12lb. sizes: Available in two sizes to accommodate boats of about 16' to 22' or 22' to 35' in length.
A classic high-tensile upgrade of the traditional Danforth-style anchor that's reliable and strong, the Performance2 Anchor was designed to be as close to our ideal anchor as possible. We improved on several aspects of the fluke anchors found in the industry, including our previous generation Performance anchors.
- Upgrade of the classic Danforth design: We improved on several aspects of the original designs by Bob Ogg and Richard Danforth.
- Extensive testing results show this anchor works: Independent test results confirm that the Performance2 anchor excels in a wide variety of conditions. The compact crown assembly provides low penetration-resistance and keeps the fluke angle at a precise 32°. It also features a rugged, die-stamped crown and shank engagement.
- High-strength galvanized steel alloy: Characteristics we did not change include “T” section flukes for symmetry and strength, high-strength 4130 steel flukes, shank and crown and quality galvanizing that eliminates flakes or sharp spikes of zinc.
- Traditional dimensions for roll stability and deep penetration
- T-shaped flukes for symmetry and high-tensile 4130 steel for strength
- Quality galvanizing without flakes of sharp spikes of zinc
- Compact, rugged crown and shank assembly easily penetrates sand/mud seabed
- Extremely strong construction: Maximum Working Loads are 600lb. for the 5lb. model; 1,200lb. for the 12lb. model
- Great in sand and good in mud
- Stows flat, launches well
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.