Reefing Hooks are a quick, clean and simple way to secure the tack of your mainsail for reefing.
Bolts to the gooseneck or boom. The only piece of hardware needed for the tack reef point. Hole dia.: 1/4". Can either be screwed to the Boom or are attached to the horizontal gooseneck pin.
- Keep the sail pivot point in line with the boom pivot point
- 316 stainless steel for extra corrosion resistance
- Makes sails easier to trim and handle
- Reef hooks for safety in heavy weather
- Choose from 5/16" diameter rod, with an overall length of 3 1/2", or a larger 3/8" diameter model that is 4 5/32" in length
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.