WEST MARINE–Straight Blade Adjustable Aluminum Oar
Straight Blade Adjustable Aluminum Oar
|Dimensions||7 1/2" Width x 19" Length|
|Grip / Handle Type||Straight|
Adjustable to 5'6"
6' and 6'7"
|Warranty Details||One Year|
Collapses to 43" for easy storage, extends to 66", 72" or 79"; choose straight or spoon blade.
Since boats have been propelled by oars for thousands of years, it's hard to imagine what you could do to improve an item that has been developing since BC turned into AD. So rather than think of our Adjustable Curved Blade Oar as "improved," think of it as being a compilation of the best ideas in oar thinking.
- First, it's adjustable (hence the name) so that it works well on narrow and beamy boats.
- Second, it's got a spoon blade, which provides incremental efficiency as you row your sportboat upwind in 15 knots of breeze.
- Third, we added some oar stops which can be slid to the desired position, and then locked down so your oars are always in the correct position.
- Finally, we made the tubes from seamless anodized aluminum tubing, unlike some of the competition.
Over-engineered? Perhaps. But an indication of the length to which we'll go to bring you neat products. Collapses to 43" for easy storage. Adjustable oar sleeve can be used to provide a smooth surface at a specific length. It can also be reversed to be used in smaller diameter oarlocks. Available with straight or spoon blade. Sold individually.
- Material: Anodized aluminum shaft, plastic blade
- Length: Adjustable to 5'6", 6' and 6'7"
- Blade Width x Length: 7 1/2" x 19"
- Handle Style: Straight
- Warranty: One year