VHF490 Fixed-Mount VHF Radio
|AIS Display||No Built-In AIS|
0.34 Amps (Standby)
6 Amps (Transmit)
|Dimensions||2 1/2" Height x 6 1/2" Width x 5 1/8" Depth|
|Display Type||Dot Matrix LCD|
|Scanning Modes||Programmable Scan|
Three Years Waterproof
NMEA 0183 Compatible
|Noise Canceling Microphone||Yes|
Our exclusive VHF490 is an economical fixed VHF with full Class D DSC functionality.
The VHF490 marine radio features new quick-disconnect cables for easy transfer in/out of vessels, splashproof IPX4 waterproof rating, and a full set of Class D Digital Selective Calling (DSC) features. Included microphone features non-slip grip and convenient channel up and down as well as instant Channel 16/9 keys.
- DSC (Digital Selective Calling): Including Distress Button, Position Send and Request. Gives you the ability to press one button to call for help during an emergency. Full Class D DSC capability. High performance transceiver ensures clear communication and helps prevent and reject interference.
- Channel Names: You can assign names to all marine channels for quicker reference.
- S.A.M.E. Weather Alert: Specific Area Message Encoding - During a NOAA Weather or Emergency Alert, a code for your specific location will alert you to severe conditions in your immediate area.
- Channel Selection: Up/down buttons on unit
- Controls: Volume, squelch, eight keys
- Mic Controls: Push to talk
- Display Type: Backlit dot-matrix LCD
- Scanning Modes: Programmable, Dual- and Triple-watch
- Weather Alert: Yes, with S.A.M.E.
- Receiver Performance: Sensitivity: 0.25µV; Rejection: 70dB
- NMEA Interface: NMEA 0183
- Waterproof Rating: IPX4
- Dimensions: 2 1/2"H x 6 1/2"W x 5 1/8"D
- Warranty: Three-year waterproof, $49.95 flat rate
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
UNIDENGPS Antenna Receiver