WEST MARINE–ORC-Specification Single Safety Tether
ORC-Specification Single Safety Tether
|Boat End Hardware||Double-Action Hook|
|Harness End Hardware||Snap Shackle|
|Meets ISAF Standard||Yes|
Elastic single tether has a 6' leg that extends from 41" to 72".
This tether meets all ORC Special Regulation requirements for strength, design and features for sailboat racing.
It incorporates a lightweight aluminum double-action safety hook, built-in stress indicator.
- Includes a bright overload indicator flag embedded in the stitching that is exposed when the tether is stressed to the point of needing replacement (about 900lb. of force triggers the flag).
- The boat-end aluminum safety hook has an easy-to-use double-action gate that automatically locks closed, so it won’t accidentally release from attachment points
- Double-action gate is extremely easy to open in one ergonomic movement without pinching your hands
- Internal elastic located inside the webbing cover retracts when not under load, staying out of the way
- Non-magnetic, stainless steel snap shackle at chest closes securely and easily releases from the harness when it is under load
- Kong ISO 12401 compliant tethers are available at West Marine as a special order
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.