WEST SYSTEM–#885 Vacuum Bagging Kit
#885 Vacuum Bagging Kit
Kit to handle localized repairs or fabricate small parts
Vacuum bagging can eliminate the need to use staples or hundreds of clamps normally required for larger laminates. It can also help hold wet materials in place on vertical surfaces during the curing process; examples being hullside and transom repairs. Using a vacuum to distribute uniform pressure over the laminate is a more effective method to produce a better bulkhead, hull, custom part or repair.
West System has been a leader in developing techniques for using epoxy and vacuum bagging systems for decades. This vacuum bag kit is the result of years of testing and refining techniques to produce better laminates in less time. Included in the kit is everything you will need to build a vacuum bag, monitor and control “clamping” pressure for up to a 13 sq. ft. part. The vacuum is generated using a shop air compressor and the included venturi vacuum generator. A detailed illustrated manual is included to guide users through the set up and monitoring processes. Vacuum bagging can help you create high quality complex parts or complete routine repairs. A West System Vacuum Bag Kit will get you started.
- Distributes even pressure over entire surface when bonding materials
- Helps to control resin distribution in fiberglass parts
- Allows complex custom shapes using male and female molds
- Reduces steps in multi-layer laminate by bonding all laminates at the same time
- Includes detailed manual and online support to guide users through the vacuum bagging process
- Venturi Vacuum Generator with Silencer
- 3 Vacuum Cups, 20′ of ¼” Vacuum Tubing
- 0-30Hg Vacuum Gauge
- 2 Junction “T” barbs
- 15 sq ft Release Fabric
- 15 sq ft Breather Fabric
- 15 sq ft Vacuum Bag Film
- 25′ Vacuum Bag Sealant
- Complete, Illustrated Instructions
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.