WEST SYSTEM–Episize Biaxial Fabric
Non-Woven Fiberglass Fabric for Composites
Repairs and Reinforcing
|Dimensions||50" Width x 20 Yards|
|Fiber Type||Stitched Biaxial|
General purpose structural fiberglass material that handles compound curves.
West System Episize Biaxial Fabric is ideal for most structural fiberglass applications where strength is more important that weight. Two layers of non-woven E-glass are set at a ±45° orientation and lightly stitched to produce a 17oz. material that can be easily wetted out by hand to achieve a high resin to fiber ratio. The stand orientation allows this fabric to lay down nicely on moderate compound curves without bunching or creating air pockets. A .75 oz. Mat backed material (738-20) is available to reduce print-through on surfaces that will be gelcoated or painted. West System Episize Biaxial fabric is the right choice for larger repairs, structural reinforcement, and tabbing applications.
- Ideal for structural repairs and reinforcement
- Biaxial ±45° orientation allows material to handle moderate compound curves
- Easily wetted out by hand
- Achieves high fiber to resin ratio
- Available with.75 oz. Mat backing to reduce print through
- Weight 737-20: 17 oz./yd.
- Weight 738-20:8 oz./yd. (approximately)
- Size 737-20: 50" x 20yd.
- Size 738-20: 50" x 20yd.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.