Properly manage exhaust heat with fiberglass tapes.
Exhaust heat, if not controlled, can drive up engine room temperatures and adversely affect surrounding systems. Fortunately containing this heat can be done, by wrapping the exhaust manifolds and exhaust tubes with Hotshield fiberglass tape. This fiberglass tape features a heavy weave with bound edges to hold in exhaust heat and has a temperature limit of 750°F. Available in two widths to match different application needs. The 2" wide 1/8" thick tape works well in tight radius bends and space limited areas such as manifolds and risers. The 3" wide 1/16" thick tape is ideal for covering a lot of area without obstructions including mufflers and metal exhaust tubes. Tapes that feature a foil backing provide additional heat protection and have a limit of 950°F. Once wrapped, we recommend securing the ends with stainless steel wire to stand up to the heat and prevent corrosion.
- Contains exhaust heat to lower engine room and shared locker temperatures
- Flexible fiberglass tape can be wrapped around manifolds, risers, exhaust tubes and mufflers
- Available in 2" and 3" to meet demands of application
- Temperature limit of 750°F (950°F foil backed tape)
- Available in 25' or 100' rolls
|Part Number||Width||Thickness||Length||Foil wrapped||Temp Rating||Model Number|