Backstay Adjuster 13-3/4" Closed 20-1/2" Open
|Breaking Strength||11700 Pounds|
|Safe Working Load||7700 Pounds|
Simple solution to backstay adjustment.
You don’t need an elaborate hydraulic system to make backstay adjustments. Wichard offers a mechanical solution that won’t force you into becoming a hydraulics expert. These assemblies use an extra-long turnbuckle fitted with a adjusting wheel so that you can make quick tweaks to the backstay to get the desired weather helm or sail shape. The turnbuckle body features reference marks to allow you to return to known settings quickly and accurately. The threaded stud and turnbuckle body are constructed using 316 stainless steel for superior corrosion resistance.
- Mechanical solution for backstay adjustments
- All 316 stainless steel construction for superior corrosion resistance
- Turnbuckle body features reference marks to return backstay to specific setting
- Comfortable composite plastic wheel provides required leverage to make adjustments
- Provides 6 11/16" adjustment (pin to pin)
- May require modification to existing backstay to achieve desired adjustment range
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.