(Re)discover the joys of asymmetric spinnakers; handle an asymmetric spinnaker easily and safely.
The Profurl SPINEX allows you to tame the asymmetrical spinnaker, using a new approach called Sail Bearing Technology. SPINEX is available in four models to fit boats of approximate length between about 30' and 60'. A complete kit includes the whole system, ready to use. Profurl SPINEX furlers have been designed and manufactured to furl asymmetric nylon spinnakers; this top down furling system is intended for downwind sails used in light or moderate wind speeds. Winner of SAIL Magazine’s 2013 Pittman Innovation Award.
Also available are four NEX Upgrade SPIN Kits, designed to convert NEX Flying Sail Furlers to SPINEX Top Down operation.
- Problem: Because asymmetric spinnaker cloth is both light and fragile, the anti-twist cable has a tendency to damage it. Also, the cable spins faster than the sail during furling which means your sail sometimes jams.
- Solution: Sail Bearing Technology using high-density spheres that spin freely around the anti-twist cable to protect the sail from the cable. Sail Bearing Technology allows you to keep the sail away from the cable, stop reverse furling, which causes the sail to jam, reduce wear on the sailcloth and make furling easier and faster because SPINEX has a greater diameter than the cable on its own.
- SPINEX is a complete system, ready to use: SPINEX comes with drum, swivel, cable, end fittings, tack swivel, etc. All you need to do is cut the Anti-Torsion Cable to the right length. SPINEX is ready to fit and ready to use out of the box; easily installed by the boat owner in minutes.
- What's included: SPINEX includes the spool, the swivel, the anti-torsion rope with balls, the terminals and the swivel tack point.
- Multi-purpose and adaptable: Remove the tack swivel and turn your SPINEX into a NEX Furler ready to use with gennakers and code zeros. Profurl’s SPIN KIT fits on NEX furlers. Use Profurl’s SPIN KIT to turn NEX furlers into asymmetric spinnaker furlers.
- What's in the SPIN KIT: SPIN KIT includes anti-twist cable, spheres, upper and lower end fittings.
- Compatible with NEX technology, such as I-Connect, Safe System, etc.
- Improved safety when worked from the cockpit or short-handed
- Requires little storage space
- System compatible with all types of asymmetric spinnakers
Complete SPINEX Furling Systems
|SPINEX Model||Approx. Boat Length||Anti-Twist Cable Length||Anti-Twist Cable Dia.||Max. Sail Area||Max. Working Load (lb.)||Spool Dia.|
|0.9||29 1/2' (9m)||45' 11" (14m)||9.5mm||540sq ft||1980||100mm (3 15/16")|
|1.5||36' (11m)||55'9" (17m)||9.5mm||864sq ft||3300||120mm (4 3/4")|
|2.5||45 1/2' (14m)||65'7" (20m)||12.7mm||1,404sq ft||5500||150mm (5 7/8")|
|5.0||59' (18m)||82' (25m)||12.7mm||2,700sq ft||11000||195mm (7 11/16")|
SPIN KIT Adapters for NEX Furlers
|SPIN Kit Model||Fits NEX Furler Model||Approx. Boat Length||Anti-Twist Cable Length|
|0.9||NEX 0.9||29 1/2' (9m)||45' 11" (14m)|
|1.5||NEX 1.5||36' (11m)||55'9" (17m)|
|2.5||NEX 2.5||45 1/2' (14m)||65'7" (20m)|
|5.0||NEX 5.0||59' (18m)||82' (25m)|